Full posting here: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/223078/bi-analyst-intermediate
- Provide and present data, research, and information to inform and support student learning interventions and initiatives, to include:
- Identify and measure student milestones and track progress at each
- Course taking patterns that lead to success
- Studies on various student populations (undergraduate, graduate, at-risk, etc.)
- Studies on the effectiveness of various modalities as they relate to student success
- Assist in the evaluation of student success initiatives
- Success in courses and programs
- Retention and completion of programs
- Collaborate with campus stakeholders on requests for data/information for accreditation, enrollment, other requests as they relate to specific programs and their intended outcomes
- Work closely with customers to gain an understanding of business processes and rules to facilitate accurate and manageable reporting.
- Adhere to official definitions and Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness standards in report development.
- Maintain and document all new and existing report specifications.
- Maintain data confidentiality and observe all FERPA regulations.
- Present information in a clear, concise, and understandable format.
- Create and maintain reports, charts, HTML objects and business intelligence portals using WebFOCUS.
- Interpret data results using a variety of analytical techniques ranging from simple data aggregation to more complex data mining
- Responsible for improving data and process flows.
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field with experience in system/application development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a higher education environment and an Institutional Research or other research setting
- Experience working with large relational database management systems.
- Experience with Excel, Access, and SPSS (or other similar analysis and reporting software).
- Extensive experience with SQL or WebFOCUS.
- Ability to learn and apply new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work well with other technical staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- High degree of self-motivation, independent and critical thinking, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Experience with data visualization tools (WebFOCUS, Tableau, Power BI).
- Extensive experience working in an Ellucian environment (preferably Banner).
- Experience with PowerPoint.
The Institutional Research and Effectiveness Business Intelligence Analyst Intermediate supports campus-wide efforts to create, maintain, and improve a data-driven environment by providing accurate and relevant business intelligence with the focus on informing and supporting student success, enrollment management, finance, human resources, financial aid, and corresponding initiatives. The IR Analyst will work with the relevant stakeholders to create reports that inform and support their initiatives. They will collaborate with requestors to assure integrity, transparency, and availability of data. The Analyst creates and maintains reports using the WebFOCUS enterprise business intelligence tool.
University benefits page here: https://careers.umich.edu/benefits
Application Due Date: 2022-10-01
Job Start Date: 2022-11-01
Salary: $65000 - $70000
Institution: University of Michigan-Dearborn
Reports To: Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job