Please email your application to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu including the following:
- Letter of application
- Current CV
- Names and telephone numbers/e-mail addresses of three references
- Salary expectations
Candidates who can actively contribute to racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity on campus are encouraged to include this information in the cover letter.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Identify information needs by working with relevant stakeholders and understanding their decision support needs. Anticipate questions through review of data, information, and research and policy studies, including those related to institutional, state, and national conversations around higher education.
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and report data and information. Create, submit, and update institutional reporting documents (Common Data Set (CDS), Departmental Annual Reports, Fact Book, IPEDS, and institutional dashboards). Serve as the institutional IPEDS keyholder and ensure institutional compliance with federal and accreditation requirements.
- Provides assistance to faculty and staff in identifying appropriate data collection for academic program reviews and to ensure reliable, appropriate, and timely use of institutional information.
- Coordinates or conducts other institutional research as necessary, including qualitative and quantitative studies and policy analysis using surveys, statistical methods, and focus groups to enhance the planning and decision-making processes of the College and develops and maintains College information on the Fast Facts website.
- Provides benchmarking and data on enrollment trends, retention, staffing, workload, student-faculty ratio, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and grant applications.
- Serves as a member of institution-wide committees particularly in the areas of data and information, retention, strategic planning and others as assigned.
- Provide guidelines and support for college offices’ internal survey and assessment needs.
- Creates, formats, and delivers presentations on institutional data and analyses at high levels, including senior administrators, Board of Trustees, faculty, staff and students.
- Stays abreast of new developments and trends in higher education and institutional research, which may lead to new studies or modification of current projects.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred. Three years of experience in institutional research, planning and higher education administration. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of research methods and advanced statistical analysis techniques as well as statistical analysis software.
- Experience in identifying, generating and using data for problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to develop, write and present research studies, surveys and reports.
- Ability to present and explain difficult, complicated concepts both verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current higher education issues, assessment and accreditation.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience designing and developing public-facing dashboards.
- Proficient in computer skills including Excel, development of SQL, and statistical software.
Who We Are
Colby-Sawyer College is a comprehensive liberal arts-based institution located in the scenic Lake Sunapee area of New Hampshire. We have friendly people, beautiful nature, and small-town amenities and shops. We are located about 35 minutes south of Dartmouth College and just 1 hour 30 minutes from Boston. For more information see Lake Sunapee Region Chamber of Commerce, NH.
We strive to always be a people-first organization. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all employees. If you are looking for a place where you will feel welcome and that you belong, Colby-Sawyer College is that place.
Colby-Sawyer is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to share what they can offer and how they can help us to achieve and maintain these values in their cover letter.