What You’ll Do
As a member of the Teach Plus National Evaluation Team, the National Evaluation and Assessment Manager (NEAM) primarily reports to, supports, and collaborates with the National Director of Evaluation and Continuous Improvement (NDECI) on program evaluation and impact, goal setting and reporting, and external impact communication. In addition, the NEAM collaborates with national and regional teams on ensuring data quality, reporting on relevant program data (e.g., ongoing program evaluation, state policy/research projects), project management, and systems building via available platforms (e.g, Salesforce, Alchemer).
The responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluation and Assessment (50%)
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to regional program teams in designing and conducting evaluation activities
- Conduct interviews, focus groups, and observations for evaluation and continuous improvement purposes
- Ensure that all evaluation practices are person-centered and culturally responsive
- Analyze, report, and debrief on survey and additional programmatic data for both internal and external audiences
- Support regional teams in utilizing data for programmatic adjustments
- Develop content assessments alongside programmatic teams
- Build and administer surveys via Alchemer (SurveyGizmo)
- Evaluation Operations (30%)
- Provide systems and project management support for all national evaluation activities, including tracking implementation and completion of national projects
- Ensure data quality across Teach Plus for internal and external reporting
- Build and maintain Salesforce reports and dashboards containing key programmatic metrics
- Support Regions in effective utilization of Salesforce for program monitoring purposes
- Reporting (20%)
- Support national and regional teams with grant and partnership reporting, including extracting data from Salesforce, meeting deadlines, and ensuring data accuracy
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Appreciation for diversity and a strong commitment to equity and inclusion
- Foundational knowledge of best practices in conducting research and survey design required
- 1-2 years of experience in data analysis and program monitoring
- Experience preparing reports and program monitoring tools for non-profit organizations, a plus
- Technical data system skills and the ability to build reports and dashboards, experience with Salesforce, a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within and across teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills to diverse audiences and levels
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy of data
- Strong organizational skills especially in managing processes, data, and reports.
- Master's degree in Education, Social Work or related field, preferred
Teach Plus is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower excellent, experienced, and diverse teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that advance equity, opportunity, and student access. The Teach Plus team exists to breathe life into the Student Opportunity Mandate: All students should have the opportunity to achieve their potential in an education system defined by its commitment to equity, its responsiveness to individual needs, and its ability to prepare students for postsecondary success. At the heart of our work is advocacy for collective impact beginning with classroom teachers.
What We Do
At Teach Plus, we believe in equity-driven teacher leadership. When we invest in developing our most talented teachers into teacher leaders who are well-informed, persuasive, and prepared to lead, they have deep leverage in advancing equity for students, especially for students of color, low income students, and those from underserved communities. In an effort to close the opportunity gap and to ensure equitable access to world class education for all students in the schools and communities we serve, we ignite systems change at multiple levels through our Policy Fellowship and Instructional Leadership programs designed to inspire and equip teachers. We are committed to leading change in our Equity Focus Areas: High-quality early childhood education; Recruitment and retention of a diverse teaching force; Rigorous curricula, high standards, and meaningful accountability; Teacher preparation, development, and leadership; Whole child, student-centered learning; and Equitable Funding.
What we Offer
The compensation range for this position is between $65,000-$75,000, and salary will be determined based on the selected candidate’s specific qualifications, years of relevant experience, specialized knowledge, and internal equity.
Teach Plus offers a benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 3% matching 401k plan, disability, and life insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and childcare expenses. Teach Plus offers generous time off benefits, including 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 5 sick days, 11 holidays, and winter break. Additionally, Teach Plus offers paid parental leave and a 4-week paid sabbatical for every five years of service.
Teach Plus is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates. Teach Plus does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age.