Duties and Tasks: The Director of Continuous Improvement will serve as the assessment officer and direct all continuous improvement related activities for the College. This person will assume supervisory responsibility for the planning and evaluation of instructional programs and administrative units with a special focus on core student learning outcomes. This includes being responsible for expanding and adding depth to the assessment process and activities across the College. This position will serve as the College’s assessment representative in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive curriculum evaluation system, including in-depth program reviews.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to guide and implement an effective program review process while creating a culture of continuous improvement of student learning outcomes assessment and program evaluation.
- Communicate the purpose and intent of institutional assessment plans.
- Implement and monitor the systematic review of programs and services in support of the college mission and strategic plan.
- Assist faculty, staff, and administrators in establishing performance measures to assess their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze findings from assessment data and make recommendations to Admin Council regarding strategic planning or continuous improvement opportunities.
- Work with the Office of Institutional Research in identifying data useful for assessment of learning and effectiveness outcomes.
- Collect and archive materials and information needed to document compliance with SACSCOC requirements.
- Lead, supervise, and develop a diverse team of full-time and part-time assessment and continue improvement staff.
- Assist team members in completing their work or acquiring skills while contributing to maintaining a collaborative work environment. Maintains workflows, quality standards, deadlines for assigned unit.
- Comprehensive understanding of institutional effectiveness and documentation process.
- Commitment to fostering an institutional wide planning, assessment, and continuous improvement culture.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and conduct research projects and apply analytical and evaluative techniques, formulate conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills to bring NOVA to the forefront of institutional planning and assessment.
- Knowledge of VCCS policies and higher education research practices and procedures.
- Background should include leadership experience and presentation opportunities.
- Extensive knowledge of college policies and procedures and the complex practices and culture of community colleges.
- Some knowledge of Higher Education policies and procedures, and the complex practices and culture of community colleges.
- Working knowledge of Qualtrics survey design and analytical skills.
- Supervisory skills to ensure employee productivity and friendly working environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and be able to create workflow and handle competing or changing priorities at the same time to make sure critical deadlines are met.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, information systems, business, or related field or a combination of related education and experience.
- Significant experience in leading and conducting research projects.
The security of our students, faculty, and staff is very important at NOVA. Please take a moment to review NOVA’s Annual Security Reports.