Position announcements and employment applications are available at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/accs/bishopstate? Applications currently on file must be resubmitted for this position. Delinquent and/or unsigned application packets and/or documents will not be accepted.
Only complete application packets will be given consideration for employment.
A completed application packet consists of:
Completed Bishop State Community College employment application (must be signed)
- Letter of interest with reference to the position announcement
- Current resume
- Applicable Transcript with conferred date (While an unofficial transcript may be submitted as part of the application packet, an official transcript must be received before the date of hire.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions listed are not comprehensive and duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in various methods of Student Data Collection.
- Have exceptional computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with numerical data (statistical analysis).
- Ability to collect documentation related to the development, implementation and assessment of the Quality Enhancement Plan of the College.
- Coordinate the implementation, modification and evaluation of the College Planning and Evaluation Process for all campuses of the College.
- Coordinate the preparation of the College’s Management Plan (College Long-Range Plan) for all campuses of the College.
- Help prepare an Annual Operational Plan and Implementation Schedule for all campuses of the College utilizing the College’s Management Plan and College Budget.
- Help prepare the College’s Accountability Performance Profile as required.
- Help administer survey instruments and prepare reports as needed for institutional surveys.
- Assist other educational programs and educational support programs in collecting, analyzing, evaluating, and storing information regarding program effectiveness for all campuses of the College.
- Initiate questionnaires when needed and perform statistical reports on them for all campuses of the College;
- Prepare and maintain an Outcome Measures and Data Collection Analysis and Dissemination Procedures Manual for all campuses of educational programs and educational support programs of the College.
- Works with various Units of the College to review, evaluate, write, and complete annual outcomes assessment, including learning, program, and administrative outcomes.
- Designs and conducts training sessions to enhance understanding of outcomes assessment.
- Conduct annual program reviews in coordination with the Dean of Instruction.
- Prepare and submit required reports to the Alabama Community College System, Alabama Commission on Higher Education, the U.S. Department of Education, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and other agencies as required.
- Participate in professional development related to all related tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned that are related to Planning and Evaluation, Institutional Effectiveness, Accreditation, Program Review, Quality Enhancement, Assessment, Institutional Research, and Outcomes Assessment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Institutional Research, or the President.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of experience at the postsecondary level in a position that includes Assessment, Evaluation and Data Collection.
- Three (3) years of experience at the postsecondary level working with accrediting bodies.
Bishop State Community College is a state-supported, open admission, urban community college located in Mobile, Alabama. It is the college’s mission to provide students with open access to a quality and affordable education that equips them with the skills and knowledge needed to successfully enter the workforce and thrive.
The college consists of four city campuses, dedicated to serving the residents of Mobile and Washington counties in southwest Alabama.
The college is part of the Alabama Community College System, the state-supported network of two-year community, junior, and technical colleges that serves the residents of Alabama. Bishop State offers university transfer programs for students wanting to continue their education at a four-year school, or for those who seek to start careers right away, the college's one and two-year career programs can put students on the fast track to rewarding jobs.
Two major construction and renovation projects are currently underway on the Bishop State Main campus - the Advanced Manufacturing Center and the Health Sciences Facility. These projects are the first construction projects on the college campus in well over a decade. The Advanced Manufacturing Center is a $17 million project that will allow the college to train skilled workers to meet the workforce needs of businesses and industries in the Mobile service area and throughout the region. Bishop State has established strong partnerships with businesses, industries, and organizations which will allow the college to offer programs supported by industry-experienced leaders and train on industry-approved equipment.
The $4 million Health Sciences building is a modern health sciences facility for the nursing and PTA programs. The new facility will increase opportunities for Bishop State to offer state-of-the-art simulation teaching labs that will allow skill development and real-time feedback on students’ clinical experience which will support the healthcare facilities in our region.
Bishop State is located in downtown Mobile which is located in the southwest corner of the state on the Gulf of Mexico. With nearly 200,000 residents, Mobile is the fourth most populous city in Alabama.
Mobile is Born to Celebrate and the city is known as the Birthplace of Mardi Gras with the oldest organized Carnival celebrations in the nation. As one of the Gulf Coast's cultural centers, Mobile offers art museums, botanical gardens, a symphony orchestra, a professional opera, a professional ballet company, a host of local restaurants, and significant historic architecture from churches, homes, and buildings.
The city has public and private primary and secondary schools as well as several colleges and universities. It serves the central Gulf Coast as a regional center for healthcare services with four major medical centers. Aerospace, steel, shipbuilding, retail, services, construction, medicine, and manufacturing are the city's major industries. The Mobile Regional Airport has direct connections to four major airports.