Outstanding Candidates Apply Here:
Overview of Institutional Research and Reporting Analyst
The Department of Institutional Effectiveness is seeking an Institutional Research Data & Reporting Analyst. The Institutional Research Data and Reporting Analyst (IRDA) is a member of a high-performing team responsible for producing operational and analytic data and reports that generate evidence-based solutions to institutional questions. The IRDA plays a key role in Institutional Research (IR) data design, modeling, development, testing, implementation, storage, maintenance, documentation, analysis and security. The IRDA will organize these and other data to design, publish and maintain reports needed by multiple levels of the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities of Institutional Research and Reporting Analyst
- Partner with technical team to develop, organize and extract data from campus systems and other data sources
- Collect, edit and transform institutional data to meet reporting criteria
- Develop, monitor and document data sources, systems, definitions, ETL processes, storage (ODS/Warehouse), quality, security - and assist with building IR and reporting/analytic data models.
- Collaborate with campus customers, IT, and end users to address technical questions, define customer requirements, identify system interfaces, examine and assess available technologies and alternatives, and recommend appropriate solutions
- Design, publish and maintain reports needed by multiple levels of the institution to support business functions and decision making
- Build and maintain reporting menu structures to support campus report access (e.g., Cognos)
- Partner with the IR team to develop and maintain reporting systems, dashboards, business intelligence tools
- Produce historical reports, interactive dashboards, and action-oriented reports in support of operational needs and decision making
- Use PL/SQL and available packages or using native Cognos functionality to develop data files and reports to support campus/system/local/state/federal compliance reporting and related
- Organize, analyze and summarize IR data using a variety of sources and tools, including, but not limited to, student information (e.g., Banner), human resource and financial data (e.g., SAP), and external data (e.g., National Student Clearinghouse, IPEDS)
Education of Institutional Research and Reporting Analyst
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, science, engineering, quantitative social science, etc.
- Related Master's degree a plus
Experience of Institutional Research and Reporting Analyst
- Three years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education will be considered
- Experience in higher education field preferred
Core Competencies of Institutional Research and Reporting Analyst
- Technical expertise in data management, database query language (SQL, PL/SQL), enterprise reporting tools (Cognos), data storage (ODS/Warehouse)
- Experience with ERP systems (Banner), creating and managing complex administrative data sources, writing queries to pull data from multiple sources, establishing and clearly documenting data quality standards/procedures and translating business needs into structured institutional reports
- Knowledge of basic statistics
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau), data governance software (Data Cookbook), statistical software package (SPSS/SAS/R) a plus
- Possess professional communication skills; independent judgment; self-motivation; service orientation; strong organization
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and consistently meet deadlines
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our students and in our community. We offer two campuses serving approximately 8,800 undergraduate and graduate students. At PNW, we value academic excellence, support growth, and celebrate diversity.
PNW sits between Chicago’s skyscrapers and Lake Michigan’s sandy shores. You can have all the perks of a world-class city just a short drive away or enjoy the natural beauty of the Indiana Dunes National Park and Lake Michigan just 15 miles away.
Benefits of Institutional Research and Reporting Analyst
- Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more
- Accrue 15 days’ vacation your first year, then 22 days’ vacation your 2nd year plus rollover
- University contribution of 10% to retirement (3 year waiting period)
- University contributions to Health Savings Account –
- Plus, a chance to earn more through participating in University Wellness Initiatives
- 10 paid holidays
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Paid Parental Leave after one year of service
- Tuition remission for you, your spouse and dependent children at any Purdue campus