Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Institutional Research Officer Job Posting
The Institutional Research Officer (IRO) gathers, complies and provides accurate data and information to campus decision makers and fulfills external requests for data. The IRO oversees a comprehensive program of institutional research for all divisions of the College. The office is essential to ensure effective planning for the purpose of achieving the College’s mission. The research officer serves as a link between internal and external organizations that provide, request and/or utilize information. The office is designated as the single source of official information and is responsible for four (4) primary areas: university data; assessment; planning and data governance. The IRO reports directly to the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Accurately collecting, organizing, and disseminating data and other information concerning the institution
- Ensuring the adherence to the mandatory reporting requirements of the Arkansas Department of Education's Division of Research and Planning for Higher Education Institutions
- Responding to internal data requests
- Responding to external data requests
- Tracking student persistence, retention, attrition, completions, and graduation
- Coordinating campus survey activities
- Participating in the assurance of data integrity of institutional information systems and databases as a data warehouse
- Helping develop and maintain computerized databases, spreadsheets, and statistical programs
- Assisting institutional leadership with effective environmental scanning to determine priorities
- Helping develop and administer institution-wide assessment instruments and projects to assist college personnel in assessing institutional outcomes and meeting institutional and departmental strategic goals
- Working with all institutional departments to develop and implement student learning assessment plans and determine institutional data needs and timelines
- Assisting with the interpretation and analysis of complex qualitative and quantitative data
- Assisting with the development of benchmarks to measure institutional effectiveness
- Analyzing and synthesizing information from institution-wide assessment instruments
- Assisting the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness with the college’s accreditation, self-study, and site visits
- Helping determine the procedures necessary for data collection to meet the identified needs of the college for effective planning and decision-making
- Providing objective, systematic, and thorough research and analysis in support of the institution’s strategic and operational planning, policy formation, and decision making
- Tracking the college’s performance against long-range goals and objectives
- Assisting with the coordination of institution-wide program reviews
- Preparation and submission of reports for the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), and the Arkansas Department of Higher Education as per their specification
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or higher, a preferred degree in statistics, organizational development, social science, business, or related field.
Preferred experience in education, and institutional research.
Familiar with various data tools, SPSS, Tableau, SAS. Experience with Workday.
University of Arkansas Community College at Hope - Texarkana
The University of Arkansas Community College at Hope-Texarkana (UACCHT) is a proud member of the University of Arkansas System. The University of Arkansas System is comprised of land-grant research institutions, a teaching hospital, five community colleges, two schools of law, a presidential school, a residential math and science high school, and an online university, as well as divisions of agriculture, archaeology and criminal justice. These entities exhibit unmatched economic and social impact across the state by providing numerous academic and professional opportunities.
870-722-8164 or firstname.lastname@example.org