Please follow the link to apply
Leads institutional data reporting and governance, strategic research and analytics, performance metric monitoring, and data capacity-building, working closely with the AVC – Decision Support.
• Designs, coordinates and manages a wide range of district-wide research projects, surveys, analytics, institutional effectiveness evaluation, and reporting. Seeks out relevant benchmark and comparative data (i.e. IPEDS, CCSSE, NCCBP) to evaluate CCC’s comparative advantage.
• Identifies emerging trends which may impact the institution. Proactively develop new, sophisticated metrics and progress measures that reflect the emerging and dynamic data needs at CCC.
• Oversees the skills development of research staff, providing training opportunities to staff in the tools and techniques of research and the use of data.
• Oversees data analysis, ensuring appropriate methodologies are used and sound interpretation and conclusions are provided along with data.
• Designs college reporting procedures associated with institutional data reporting and governance, strategic research and analytics, performance metric monitoring, and data capacity-building.
• Works cross-functionally with leaders and teams at the district and colleges to advance transformation toward a data-driven organization where staff use data more effectively in decision-making at all levels. Examples of cross-functional work may include:
a. Work closely with the Office of Information Technology to develop Business Intelligence tools, surface and resolve data quality and governance issues, and identify technology opportunities to make data is more accessible to internal and external users.
b. Work with district and college teams to ensure accuracy and integrity of data in accordance with rules of state and federal governing bodies (ICCB, IBHE, IPEDS, HLC, etc.).
c. Provide guidance to district and colleges teams to appropriately design programs and measures that can assess program impact and effectiveness.
• Responds to internal and external data requests involving institutional data reporting and governance, strategic research and analytics, performance metric monitoring, and data capacity-building.
• Clearly communicates research findings, advanced statistical analyses, and methodological details and nuance in a way that is accessible to a variety of non-technical audiences.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Social Science, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Demography, or related field using quantitative research methods.
• Five (5) years of relevant research experience in quantitative research methods, research design and methodology, and statistics with progressive leadership experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
• High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with statistical analysis software such as SAS highly desirable. Familiarity with SQL data query skills a plus The following generally describes the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time to successfully perform the assigned duties
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the development and execution of analytics and institutional effectiveness measures.
• Demonstrated professional experience in educational research, data compilation and analysis, and report writing using a variety of large and complex data sets.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong data management skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate data and methodological details to non-technical audiences
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
• Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
We Offer: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.