Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Research, the Research Analyst is responsible for conducting research studies and providing effective and useful analytical reports on behalf of the Department of Institutional Research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts surveys, evaluations, and research projects according to the needs of the department promoting institutional effectiveness at the College.
- Serves as a liaison for the department to ensure appropriate use and access to system data and coordination of data and reports.
- Coordinates data verification and integrity in institutional systems to ensure accurate and appropriate reporting.
- Has experience reporting with data warehouses and business intelligence software platforms such as Tableau or similar products.
- Demonstrates proficiency with analyzing large and complex data sets and can make information accessible to general audiences in a higher education context.
- Coordinates data collection for grant applications and guidebook surveys (including US News & World Report, College Board, Peterson’s and various mandated requests).
- Prepares reports and analyses for use by College administrators and departments.
- Process purchase orders and budget requests as necessary.
- Maintains records of all records of all office accounts.
- Establishes good working relationships with officials and staff at South Suburban College and other outside agencies as necessary.
The duties listed above are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work and are not to be construed as a complete list of duties performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
South Suburban College embraces the concept of nondiscrimination in all areas of employment and educational relations. Equal opportunity in recruitment, employment, and advancement is guaranteed to students, potential students, applicants for employment, and all college personnel regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent communication skills.
- One to three years’ experience analyzing and summarizing complex data with Excel, Access, Tableau, SPSS, R or similar statistical software packages.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or similar SIS/CRM systems.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
Knowledge of SQL query reporting.
Located in South Holland, Illinois, South Suburban College is a welcoming, attractive, efficient, safe, transparent, and financially secure institution that fosters creative communication and synergy within the campus community and between that community and its partners.
Through innovative teaching, integration of technology, modeling sustainable practices that value the environment, cultivation of external partnerships and a culture of assessment, SSC will play a pivotal role in transforming the lives of its diverse student population.
More than 9,000 students, on average, are enrolled at South Suburban College during a typical year. The College offers a wide selection of career education and college transfer credit programs. Additionally, South Suburban College’s Business & Career Institute offers non-credit customized training, short-term instruction for business, and dozens of special interest classes.
The College has a state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center. A variety of cultural events are sponsored by the College, including plays, comedy acts, special lectures, and concerts, adding to the richness of the performing arts in the south suburbs.
In the future, SSC will continue to provide educational opportunities to the community in traditional areas, as well as in new and emerging fields. Through our distance learning endeavors we hope to be able to reach tomorrow’s student in even more exciting ways.
This is a regular full-time Support Staff position for 35 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. Classified Grade XII on the Support Staff Salary Schedule. The work hours are 8:30am-4:30pm. The position includes the following employee benefits: • $14,400 Annual Flexible Health Benefit: • 10 Vacation, 12 Medical and 3 Personal Days Earned within First Year of Employment • 16 Holidays, 5 Winter break days, 4-Day Summer Workweek