Summary: Assists in the assembly & reporting of student data (i.e., retention, placement, graduation rates, learning outcomes, etc.) for externally-mandated reporting (federal, state, & programmatic accreditors), administrative decision making, & strategic planning. Conducts research to determine best approach to collect required data. Gathers data by query, survey, etc., performs statistical analyses, provides reports & interpretation of findings for use by university administration & campus personnel. Supports the Associate Director by providing data extraction, analysis, interpretation, & preparation of reports. Provides information & analytic support to the University’s administrative decision makers in order to facilitate strategic planning, policymaking, resource allocations, enrollment projections, & programmatic improvements.
- Within the Institutional Research function, serves as a key source for facts & figures regarding WCU student data.
- Supports the University’s strategic response to external surveys, reports & accreditation requirements, resolving issues of interpretation & definition. Collaborates to ensure compliance with mandatory data reporting.
- Provides reliable, relevant, & quality data & information.
- Provides standardized student statistical reports on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis. Ensures comprehensive reports are developed in a timely manner with data including student enrollment, degrees awarded, demographics, numbers/FTE faculty, & admissions statistics within a specified time frame.
- Assists in the collection of data elements central to ongoing assessment, evaluation, review & planning at the programmatic & departmental level. Contributes to a culture of transparency (e.g., updating University website to include elements such as enrollment demographics, & placement rates, etc.). Utilizes various data sources such as CampusVue, admissions or exit exams, national or state board exams or other to analyze student success & make recommendations for improvement.
- Supplies student performance data for Annual Learning Outcome Reviews for student outcomes within academic programs.
- Participates on the Institutional Research/Information Technology Council which is comprised of multiple stakeholders who have an interest in ensuring the university has a high-quality data processing system.
- Works with Campus Data Analytics Managers & Program Assistant, Academics to assure consistency in procedures & data collection.
- Works with IT department & the campuses to enhance effective data & information flow.
- Participates in the design & definitions of all student data elements crucial to Institutional Research reporting such as defining & categorizing attrition rate information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Educational Research, Social Sciences or a related field from a regionally accredited institution required; Master's and/or Doctorate Degree preferred.
- Broadly knowledgeable about professional discipline & related disciplines. Experienced in administering projects & programs preferred. Generally, 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated advanced SQL skills.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills (i.e., developing macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience with business intelligence software (e.g., Power BI, Tableau) & the graphic display of quantitative data.
- Experience in using CampusVue, Stata, R, and/or other statistical software.
- Relevant experience in a higher education institutional research function preferred.
- Experience in higher education data management, data analysis & institutional research.
- Experience with annual Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) report requests.
- Experience in using computer-based tools such as data warehouses & data modeling software.
- Experience with MS Office.
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Health Care Flexible Spending Account
Vacation & Sick Days