Reporting to the Associate Director, Business Intelligence, the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst partners with operational groups across the organization on identifying opportunities for analytic reporting and dashboard solutions to provide operational groups with a single version of the truth of descriptive analytics. Conducts research to determine best approach to collect required data to create key performance metrics including retention, placement, tuition and scholarships, graduation rates, student learning, and other relevant academic success factors to be used for decision making related to enhancing student outcomes and academic excellence. Supports delivery and maintenance of reporting to support the entire student journey from marketing lead to alumni relations post-graduation. Maintains knowledge of business systems and processes to leverage insights from data to optimize organizational opportunities.
Accelerates insight identification by providing high quality visualizations and leading analysis which guide end users’ interpretations of complex and sometimes muddled data.
This is an internal customer-facing position.
25% Assists on the design, development, deployment, and testing of descriptive analytics that provide insightful output
- Outputs include reports, dashboards, insights, recommendations, etc.
- Hands on with business intelligence software such as Power BI, Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, etc.
25% Perform analysis and problem formulation to ensure accurate requirements are captured.
35% Query various data sources to create cross functional datasets for analytic solution needs.
- Hands on querying of Analytical Data Store
- Exploration of other internal and external data sources as needed to fulfill requirements
15% Perform explanatory, pattern, and trend analysis on student academic and success data, recruitment and enrollment data, state board pre-licensure exams, financial and operational data.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to acquire business requirements and update personnel on progress.
- Builds reports and dashboards using best available software to support analyses across the business to aid in improving operations.
- Presents information using data visualization techniques and software to produce illustrative support of analyzed outcomes.
- Adheres to College/University policies and procedures and conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the College/University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and as required to meet the needs of the College/University, and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, data science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience working as a business/data analyst or similar role.
- Experience in higher education student life cycle process.
- Experience with programming languages like C#, Python, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of relational databases and database query tools (SQL Server or similar).
- Demonstrated experience using CampusVue, Blackboard, Canvas, Salesforce, Anthology.
- Experience creating data visualizations using Power BI, Tableau, or similar applications.
- Ability to use excellent organizational and analytical skills to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task, and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to gather data from multiple resources and synthesize information for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Ability to translate business needs into actionable requirements for developing appropriate solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate, written and orally.
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Health Care Flexible Spending Account
Vacation & Sick Days