Director - Institutional Research
- In-depth knowledge of higher education environment and issues
- Familiarity with enterprise data systems
- Familiarity with data collection through surveys, focus groups, and other direct measures of user experience
- Knowledge of best practices of assessment, descriptive and inferential statistics, and analytical, reporting
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as SPSS, Excel, Power BI, and other related programs
- Knowledge to leverage and appropriately apply advanced analytical methodologies, such as optimization, simulation, predictive analytics, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Skill in people management and team building
- Skill in computers and computer applications including data analysis programs
- Ability to communicate complex data in understandable ways, including explaining complex and sophisticated analytical models and techniques
- Ability to consult and advise clients in defining and developing projects
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise others
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to manage and respond to complex issues and multiple priorities
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of four years of directly related experience OR any combination of education and experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling ten years.
Utah Valley University (UVU) is an integrated university and community college that educates every student for success in work and life through excellence in engaged teaching, services, and scholarship. Home to approximately 41,000 students, UVU is the largest public university in Utah and offers certificates through master’s degrees. Learn more at uvu.edu/about
UVU offers an excellent benefits package that includes a generous leave policy, 13 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents, and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Application Due Date: 2022-12-10
Job Start Date: 2022-12-21
Salary: $82711 - $103389
Institution: Utah Valley University
Reports To: N/A
Staff # Reporting to Position: 1
Reports In Office: Institutional Research
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job