Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
The position of Director of Institutional Research and Assessment is an exciting opportunity for an experienced higher education professional to make a meaningful difference in the lives of a diverse population of working adult students. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director works in close collaboration with colleagues across the college to provide timely data and analysis to support planning and informed decision-making. The Director also coordinates the academic and administrative assessment processes, and supports the college’s accreditation efforts.
- Work closely with the Academic Assessment Committee to analyze the results of student learning assessments and to document recommendations emerging from these results
- Assist administrative departments to develop relevant outcome measures and performance indicators, and to document, track and implement recommendations
- Support the development of relevant metrics for strategic planning initiatives
- Gather data to support ongoing accreditation with MSCHE, CAEP and other programmatic accrediting bodies
- Coordinate the preparation and completion of government surveys such as IPEDS and NYSED
- Manage the administration and analysis of student course evaluations
- Supervision of periodic and ad hoc surveys (such as the annual Graduation Survey Report) and standardized learning assessments
- Other IR related projects as assigned.
MCNY is operating in a hybrid work format as it has since July 2020. Currently, this role works at least 3 days a week from our Manhattan campus with up to 2 days of remote work per week. A willingness to commute to our office in New York City is required.
Qualified candidates will have a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of five years of experience in higher education institutional research and assessment. This position requires excellent communication skills and analytic abilities; familiarity with educational technology and information systems; expertise with analytical and presentation software; understanding of trends in higher education and society; independence and initiative; and strong collaborative skills. Experience in the Middle States re-accreditation process is strongly preferred.
MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to ERobles@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor's and master's degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a well-rounded education that combines applied skills with professional knowledge to effect personal transformational and positive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.