Please submit the following documents to: https://www.k-state.edu/careers
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with contact information
50% Enterprise Data Warehouse Development
Work under the guidance of the Director of DW for the following tasks.
• Collaborate with Data Architects in designing data structures to support OIRA reporting.
• Work with business users and OIRA staff to understand needs and build the semantic layer and curated data sets (KPIs, summary metrics, labels, etc.) by merging data sets from disparate sources.
• Write complex queries to retrieve data from the EDW.
• Work with Division of IT colleagues in a fusion style team environment.
• Work on identifying and resolving data quality issues.
• Additional duties may include gathering and analyzing business, data and reporting requirements, documentation and specification of requirements, working with users to understand and document data definitions and maintaining the data dictionary.
30% Business Analytics
• Develop BI tools/dashboards, conduct data analyses, and prepare reports to support K-State’s strategic efforts.
• Collaborate with key stakeholder groups across campus to understand data needs and ensure requirements are met.
• Find, gather, and organize data from multiple sources.
• Perform moderately complex queries of databases.
• Serve as a member of the core BI development team within OIRA.
• Participate in meetings to stay up to date on available data, systems, and processes.
• Respond to ad hoc data requests.
• Perform technical data support duties as assigned.
• Access and perform complex query functions of databases to complete critical reports for external (governmental, public, and private) agencies, such as certain reports for the State of Kansas, consortium-based data reports, and institutional rankings.
• Provide data analysis and data reports to support specialized accreditations and/or ranking, such as AACSB (Business), CAEP (Education), ABET (Engineering
• Respond to different ad hoc data requests.
• Perform technical data support and other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.