- Mines data from internal and external sources, prepares the data, and uses statistical analysis tools to identify trends, patterns, forecasts, and predictions that are useful for making decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Facilitates ongoing and ad hoc data insights by producing reports, dashboards and other visualizations, statistical analyses, and predictive and prescriptive analytics models focused on key performance indicators and associated benchmarks. Develop and continuously improve reports, and dashboards using Power BI, Blackboard Pyramid/Analytics for Learn, or other visualization tools.
- Communicate with internal and external clients regarding ad hoc data requests; ascertain requirements for successful and meaningful completion of data requests. Ensure compliance with College standards, policies, and procedures regarding acceptable and ethical use of College data.
- Ensures high levels of data integrity by working with stakeholders and colleagues to maintain and improve databases, to clean or transform data, to audit database and query design, and to test and evaluate data insights for consistency and accuracy.
- Contributes to development and maintenance of programming code and datasets to support College-wide use of internal reports, data analysis, and data-driven decision-making such as economic and demographic characteristics, student success key performance indicators, instructional program accreditation, core enrollment reports, program review and effectiveness, program outcomes assessment, general education outcomes assessment, and general continuous improvement.
- Contributes to development and maintenance of code and large databases for use with external college partners, projects, or initiatives, such as the THECB, IPEDS, ATD, Pathways, Frontier Set, Voluntary Framework of Accountability, Texas Workforce Commission, and the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Contributes to collection of data from internal and external sources in preparation of the Common Data Set (CDS) for external national survey reporting.
- Learns basic to intermediate programming skills and techniques via online learning resources and by working with fellow Analysts.
- Serve on councils and committees as requested to provide institutional research expertise and support for college-wide projects or initiatives
- Provides interpretive assistance and/or training to users of research data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a statistical software package for a language such as SAS, Python, or R.
- Knowledge of or demonstrated ability to learn Blackboard data models including baseline reporting, collaboration, LMS, mapping, metadata, and telemetry, and knowledge of or experience with Blackboard sub-systems/tools/data not yet available in canonical Blackboard data models such as EAC, rubrics, outcomes, and tests/exams.
- Knowledge of quantitative research concepts and methods including research design, sampling methods, descriptive and inferential procedures and applications, data analysis and interpretation, and data visualization and communication techniques
- Ability to work with data users to ensure reports are appropriate for needs and to prepare user-friendly oral or written descriptions of data to ensure users are able to locate, understand, interpret accurately, and validly use data for decision-making.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills in formatting data for tables and graphs
- Knowledgeable of data security practices and policies, including FERPA, necessary to protect sensitive or confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
- Ability to innovate and to think critically to identify prospective improvements to processes across areas of responsibility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders including but not limited to presenting findings and actionable recommendations, writing technical training documents and manuals, and contributing to effective presentations for training and other purposes.
- Skill and ability to work collaboratively in an open, hybrid (on-site and remote) office environment and to adapt to change that requires continuous learning, initiative, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently with attention to details, accuracy, and organization while prioritizing and coordinating diverse, varied projects with effective time and task management involving multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college, the College’s values and institutional goals, and student success.
San Jacinto College will advance the social and economic mobility of all members of our community. We will be known for our excellence in teaching and learning, our intentional student-centered support, and our commitment to every student. We will be the preferred workforce and economic development partner in the region and a champion for lifelong learning. San Jacinto College will inspire students to explore opportunities, define their educational and career paths, and achieve their goals and dreams.
San Jacinto College is focused on student success, academic progress, university transfer, and employment. We are committed to opportunities that enrich the quality of life in the communities we serve.
We embrace a core truth at San Jacinto College: The ultimate measure of our success is your success.
Every student's pathway is unique, and San Jacinto College students are a diverse mosaic - blending many perspectives on success. For one-fifth of our student body, being the first in the family to attend college is a lifechanging act that propels future generations to succeed. Others aspire to master a trade or special interest, jump-start a new career, prepare for university transfer or help their communities succeed. Most San Jacinto College students are working professionals, and their success requires a flexible pathway that balances college, work and family.
No matter how you define it, success for every graduate drives our value system at San Jacinto College. We are committed to seven deeply held beliefs: Integrity, lnclusivity, Collaboration, Innovation,
Accountability, Excellence, and Sense of Community.