Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Associate Director for Analytics position. The Associate Director for Analytics is a full-time, year-round position, the normal hiring range for the position is $70K-$85K and will be commensurate with experience. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
Working collaboratively with the Office of Institutional Research & Registrar Services team, the associate director for analytics will take a leadership role in designing and maintaining a reporting environment that will allow our diverse College leadership, faculty, and staff to make effective and strategic use of data in planning and decision-making activities.
The associate director for analytics plays an important role in completing high stakes, external surveys and provides support to the governance committees of the college. The associate director for analytics will coordinate verification of the accuracy and timely submission of reputational surveys.
The associate director for analytics takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Summary of Responsibilities
Working with the director of OIRRS and colleagues in information technology, design and maintain a data warehouse and reporting solution to make the data of the college accessible through interactive dashboards and reports.
Synthesize raw data into insightful summaries to meet a range of needs.This work may entail identifying and collecting appropriate data, data cleaning, mining, management, and appropriate statistical analyses of data; constructing effective data displays to communicate key points; and presenting data, both orally and in writing, to diverse campus audiences.
Serve as project manager for multiple data collection and analysis projects and produce annual and ad-hoc reports and analyses, including benchmark information about peer institutions.
Administer a coordinated program of survey research, including the COFHE Suite of Surveys and other ad hoc survey projects.
Support the Director of Institutional Research & Registrar Services in representing the office on various campus committees and by providing analytical support to other offices as required.
Provide consultative services for assessment, survey design, and evaluation efforts on campus.
All employees are expected to participate in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
R e quir e d:
- Bachelor's degree in social science, data science, or a related field with course work in statistics and research methods
- 5-7 years of experience in higher education research
- Excellent quantitative, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information verbally, and in written and graphic form to individuals with varying backgrounds.
- Proficiency in reporting and visualization in software such as Tableau, Power BI, or Business Objects.
- Proficiency in an analytical software package (SPSS, R)
- Proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and to both creating and contributing to an intentionally inclusive culture
- Strong organizational skills and the capacity to manage multiple and changing priorities; the ability to meet deadlines; diligent concern for accuracy and attention to detail; a customer service orientation and the ability to work well with others in a collegial environment.
- Knowledge of applied quantitative or mixed methods research skills on projects related to education and student learning. Working knowledge of inferential statistics. Knowledge of measurement theory, including the ability to conduct validity and reliability studies.
P r e f e r r e d:
- Master's Degree in related fields above
- 7+ years of experience in institutional research
- Advanced experience in reporting and visualization in software such as Tableau, Power BI, or Business Objects.
- Advanced experience with statistical software packaged, Microsoft Excel, and Qualtrics
- Experience with qualitative research methodologies
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. (Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.