A completed application will consist of
- Cover letter in which you describe why you are interested in the position, your relevant experience, how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, and your unique contribution to the department;
- A Student Success Statement (up to 2 pages, single-spaced) about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population. Please address at least two of the inclusive excellence criteria listed above;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Teaching Philosophy statement (2 pages max.);
- Research Statement (2 pages max.);
- Reprints of up to 3 publications or works in progress;
- The names and contact information for at least three individuals that can serve as references;
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts will be required of finalists)
- Teaching evaluations by students (if you have experience in teaching)
Finalists for the position will be required to:
- provide official transcripts for the highest degree before the on-campus interview;
- provide three letters of reference dated within the last year;
- make a presentation of scholarly work and a teaching demonstration to faculty and interact with students.
Instructions for submitting applications are listed at the Faculty Affairs site for University hires: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/po/en-us/job/521141/manufacturing-engineering-assistant-professor
The position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to completed applications received no later than 1/30/2023.
Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The university seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing. Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. The university hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university prepares a public annual security report.
Position Description: The Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department invites applicants at the Assistant Professor rank for a tenure-track faculty position beginning August/Fall semester 2023 with the primary responsibility of teaching and research in the advanced or traditional Manufacturing Engineering areas. The successful applicant will participate in all aspects of the department’s mission, including teaching, and advising students at the undergraduate and graduate levels, developing curriculum and laboratories, establishing a well-funded research program, and participating in service to the department, college, university, and the profession.
Minimum requirements include:
- D. in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical engineering, or a closely aligned field. (Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.)
- A commitment and a record of contributions to student success through the applicant’s teaching, scholarship, or service. This will be described in the Student Success Statement, which must address at least two of the inclusive excellence criteria listed above.
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the excellence of the academic community through teaching, research, and/or service activities in the Manufacturing Engineering area
- Academic experience in traditional and advanced manufacturing systems and technologies including, but not limited to, Plastics, Composite, Casting, MEMS/NEMS, Additive Manufacturing, Bio-Manufacturing, Intelligent Manufacturing, and Sustainable Manufacturing.
- Industrial experience in the manufacturing related processes that will enhance teaching and research
- University teaching experience, and specifically laboratory-based instruction
- Evidence of contribution to student success through supervising and mentoring students, securing funds for student projects, co-authoring peer-reviewed publications with students, etc.
- Licenses or certificates in manufacturing-related areas
- Experience working with manufacturing-related software, tools, and equipment
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary setting
- Demonstrated ability to secure external funds for basic and/or applied research as well as establishing/modernizing manufacturing laboratories
- Experience in developing/improving manufacturing engineering curricula