• Consult with administrators, representatives of governmental and private organizations, employee groups, and others regarding research needs, current studies, results of research, and related matters; work with requesters to clarify their needs and optimize the utility of research results.
• Create or customize, to faculty, staff, and community specifications, quantitatively sound, criterion referenced survey instruments for a variety of research projects.
• Collect data using appropriate instruments and procedures; direct and oversee the collection of data by students and other part-time research staff where appropriate.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as secondary data analysis, on assigned research projects; interpret findings in written reports and oral presentations.
• Assist in designing, monitoring, and reporting on progress toward strategic goals, institutional effectiveness and student outcomes assessment plans, and academic quality improvement objectives.
• Perform project leader duties for new institutional research and planning projects including a data warehouse.
• Participate in the preparation of reports for District personnel and state agencies to fulfill compliance regulations and requirements and to assure institutional and matriculation effectiveness for appropriate funding.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Master’s degree in a field requiring expertise in statistical applications, including multiple-regression methods and analysis of variance, as well as research design, e.g. statistics, mathematics, economics, or social/educational research.ANDFive (5) years of responsible professional experience planning and conducting industrial, organizational, or educational research projects, with evidence of increasingly responsible experience.
Experience in management of relational database system (i.e. SQL server) and working with Crystal Reports.
NOTE: Three (3) years of demonstrative experience that clearly provides evidence of the knowledge and skills required to perform the essential duties may substitute for graduate degree.