Who You Are:
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our team of higher education data experts. The analyst will work closely with multiple client partners to understand their analytical needs, evaluate key performance metrics, and analyze trends. The ideal candidate has experience in enrollment management, student success, and/or financial aid analysis within Higher Education and possesses superior technical ability as well as effective communication and relationship management skills.
What You Will Do:
- Develop subject matter expertise in the HelioCampus data platform and guide client partners in the use of the platform to answer strategic institutional questions.
- Deliver standardized HelioCampus-developed analysis subject area playbooks.
- Analyze benchmarking financial data for higher education institutions.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to discover actionable information in support of strategic decision making.
- Serve as the main point of contact between HelioCampus and the client partner, working closely with senior leaders to maximize use of the platform and deliver ongoing training and support to client stakeholders
- Manage timelines and scope for client and internal projects.
- Leverage enterprise business intelligence tools, SQL queries and other tools to develop complex dashboards and reports.
- Deliver ongoing training and support to client stakeholders.
- Contribute to the HelioCampus product roadmap for analytical tools and solutions.
- Translate and interpret business and data requirements between the client and the HelioCampus technical/data teams.
- Maintain accuracy and quality of data extracts.
You Will Be a Good Fit For This Role If You Have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience performing analytic functions in higher education or working as a consultant in higher education.
- Deep understanding of one or more key areas of higher education (e.g. financial aid, admissions, advancement, student affairs, enrollment management).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with data from one or more Student Information systems (e.g.Banner, PeopleSoft, Colleague, Workday).
- Experience developing technical requirements for reporting and analytic purposes and working closely with both business users and technical development teams
- Expertise leveraging reporting and data visualization tools (e.g Tableau and Power BI) to manipulate, analyze and present data and to develop dashboards and reports.
- Understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to work effectively and independently on multiple priorities with strict deliverable dates.
- Experience working closely with both business users and technical development teams.
Nice To Have’s Include:
- Experience working with data from one or more higher education HR, CRM, Financial, and/or Learning Management systems.
- Experience presenting findings to mid to senior level executives.
- Significant experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience working with large data sets.
- Experience with SQL and in one or more analytic/programming software packages such as R, SAS, Python, or comparable.
Who We Are:
HelioCampus, located in Bethesda, MD, Chapel Hill, NC, and Philadelphia, PA, is a data-driven tech company that serves higher education institutions. We empower institutional effectiveness through assessment, benchmarking and decision support via an enterprise analytics platform.
What We Do:
Through three complementary lines of business, HelioCampus helps institutions measure and evaluate their effectiveness in fulfilling their mission by connecting investments with financial and student learning outcomes. With data from every corner of campus, HelioCampus takes a comprehensive, data-informed approach towards continuous improvement and learner success as a methodology to run an institution.
HelioCampus offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) w/ company match, remote work flexibility, and a fun, collaborative work environment.