Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin upon receipt and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit:
- A detailed letter of intent responding to the stated qualifications.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A list of three professional references with complete contact information. (References will not be contacted without the applicant’s prior permission.)
For more information about this position or to apply, please go to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=40dab9cd-14a1-4d29-b356-da8c9cb6fb6f&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US.
Inclusive Excellence at William James College:
William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness, and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
William James College Institutional Research is seeking a Research Data Analyst (RDA) to assist in the gathering, analysis, and reporting of institutional data. This position will report to the Director of Academic Data, Development, and Institutional Effectiveness. The Research Data Analyst will perform routine research, data management activities, and analyses. The RDA will provide research, analytic, and administrative assistance to support the following departmental functions:
- Institutional Research
- Institutional/Program Effectiveness
- Student Outcome Measurement/Assessment
- Data Governance/Management
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of routine data management procedures (e.g., collecting, organizing, protecting, storing, and sharing data).
- Maintain established course evaluation procedures.
- Perform a variety of data analyses (basic descriptive statistics and bivariate analyses; multivariate analyses, thematic coding, etc.), both quantitative and qualitative. Tasks include data entry, data cleaning, coding raw data, importing/exporting data across platforms, joining data, producing basic reports, database maintenance, and documentation.
- Perform data visualization to effectively communicate results to various audiences.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy. Reconcile data discrepancies between different data sources.
- Assist in the development of standard data collection instruments (e.g., online surveys), analytic techniques, and research methodologies (e.g., quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed methods).
- Maintain established institutional and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
- Consistently apply the institution’s values of respect, honesty, and fairness and the pursuit of excellence in improving the social and behavioral health status of people, institutions, and communities.
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues to effectively contribute to the working group’s achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops as needed.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of research-related experience OR Master’s degree and 2-3 years of research-related experience.
- Excellent consultative, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform basic data management tasks.
- Ability to perform basic data analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of cross-functional teams. Including the ability to work remotely and in person.
- Ability to multitask and work under time constraints.
- Willingness to learn new skills and methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy in interactions, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaborative working style with excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of outcome assessment, program evaluation, or accreditation.
- Knowledge of research methods, principles, and ethics.
At least two below are required and eagerness to learn the others:
- Experience working in higher education, or an institutional research setting.
- Experience using quantitative data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, Excel).
- Experience using online survey platforms (e.g., Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey) or experience using course evaluation software (e.g., MyCourseEval, EvaluationKit).
- Experience using data visualization software (e.g., Power BI, Tableau).
- Experience extracting data from systems (e.g., Anthology, Slate, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Experience with coding language (e.g., SQL, R, etc.)
Our benefits package includes generous health, vision and dental insurance, eligibility for both College funded 401(a) retirement plan and Employer sponsored 403(b) plan, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous PTO, and professional development opportunities.
William James College is not-for-profit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Employment at William James College may qualify for The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service#qualifying-employer