Director of Data Analytics & Informatics (24198)
The Director of Data Analytics & Informatics will meet the advanced informational, resource modeling, reputational management, and external reporting needs of the College of Engineering Dean’s Office. Work closely with the Dean and Cabinet members to gather and plan top priorities. Supervise the Data Analytics and Information team to meet the myriad projects and tasks, manage deadlines, mitigate scheduling conflicts while maintaining the high level of quality. Further develop team members professionally through mentoring, training, facilitating peer reviews and promoting a culture of continuous improvement. Support and coordinate large Dean's Office projects and operational improvement initiatives.
Who We Are:
The College of Engineering at Purdue University is among the best and largest Engineering schools in the world. This position will work directly with the Dean and Cabinet members to gather and plan top priorities.
For more information about our department, please visit:
What We Are Looking For:
Education and Experience:
Qualified candidates will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in informatics, computer science, or other data-related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in an information, business computing, or business intelligence field; designing and building reports and dashboards for non-technical audiences; and making operational improvements across an organization
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered (For example an Associate's degree and 12 years of experience)
- Program/project management and communication skills
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to effectively communicate to and influence senior levels in the organization
- Ability to lead large projects, on short time lines, with participation from all levels of the organization
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data
- Master’s degree
- Three (3) or more years of management experience of technical staff
- Experience with Purdue’s enterprise reporting and dashboarding tools
- Experience in higher education bridging the traditional analytics with market research
- Knowledge of Purdue University's student and HR reporting systems
Purdue University was founded in 1869 under the Morrill Act of 1862. John Purdue, a local merchant, gave $150,000 to begin the University. Tippecanoe County gave $50,000 and local residents gave 100 acres for the new university. The Indiana State Legislature agreed to name the new school Purdue in gratitude to its largest benefactor. The new university began classes on September 16, 1874 with six instructors and 39 students.
Currently, Purdue University has an enrollment of over 41,000 undergraduate (75%) and graduate students (23%). Approximately 2,000 full-time faculty teach and conduct research in Purdue's 157 principle buildings with 377 total buildings on 2,307 acres. Purdue University's schools include: agriculture; consumer and family science; education; engineering; liberal arts; management; pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences; nursing; science; technology; and veterinary medicine. Purdue offers 6,700 courses in 200 specializations. For more than a quarter century, Purdue University has been the largest or second largest in undergraduate engineering enrollment in the country. Purdue research exceeds $347.1 million a year using more than 400 research labs. The University's decentralized 14 library system contains over 2.3 million volumes of information, including a substantial psychology library that has merged with the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Education library located in Stewart Center.
Purdue University is committed to fostering and maintaining an inclusive community that values the inherent worth and value of every person. A few notable policies highlight this commitment and are found below.
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue
- Purdue University will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
- Benefit Statement: Purdue University offers a substantial Benefit Package including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a generous paid time off package for sick and vacation days
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.