Senior Data Warehouse Developer--Updated Salary
Please complete all sections of the application including your address, email, phone number and the questionnaire. Both a resume and a cover letter are required to apply. You may edit your contact information at any time by updating your profile. More information and to apply can be found at https://www.utsystem.edu/offices/human-resources/careers.
The University of Texas System is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Reasonable disability accommodation may be requested by contacting the Office of Talent and Innovation.
Purpose of Position
- Participates in data acquisition, transformation and delivery within the data warehouse environment.
- Supports Business Intelligence services such as dashboards, user interfaces, stored processes, cubes, and associated data structures.
- Researches applicable new technologies, tools and methodologies.
- Manage the compilation of an information repository from national, state, component, and internal database system. Work with Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) and reporting tools to load data into the warehouse and extract data for various usages. Identify issues, action plans and implemented changes. Identify and lead implementation of best practice. Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation, and problem resolution. Define format for documentation. Restructuring of data files, merging of data files from multiple sources, and data cleaning.
- Fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests. Collect, gather, and analyze data independently through utilizing the UT System data warehouse and other sources to extract data, external data collection and mining, and working directly with the campuses to obtain data, when necessary. Maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation of data sources and methodological decisions, including the logic/reasoning for the choices made about the research approach taken. Appropriately sourcing all products, including clear explanations of any data limitations.
- Assist in the decisions regarding architecture, development, and maintenance of OIRA data warehouse, which includes data integration, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL-related activities. Lead meetings with analysts to identify areas of data warehouse improvement and efficiencies. Develop and maintains information systems and software, including problem identification, analysis, database structure design, testing, and implementation. Manage, create, and maintain development, test, and production environments; implement appropriate tools and technologies; and establish users and permissions as required. Provide end user training on application software, data warehouse usage, and develop user manuals. Serve as liaison and technical resource in the administration and backup of Windows and Linux servers and applications on these environments.
- Assist in the visual and technical layout of the dashboard and interfaces, web development of portals, reports, data dictionaries, and additional links. May develop and edit website content. May act in a consultation role with outside department/entities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years of experience with data warehousing, data mining, query, and data analytics tools.
- Three years of experience performing ETL activities in a dimensional data warehouse environment.
- Five years of experience performing ETL activities in a dimensional data warehouse environment.
- Experience developing reports using data visualization tools, such as PowerBI, Tableau, or SAS Viya.
- Experience extracting and analyzing data from national and state data base higher education systems. Experience working with highly sensitive data (FERPA, HIPPA, etc).
- Experience with ETL development using tools such as SAS Data Integration Studio, Informatica, Data Stage, etc.; and RDBMS tools such as MySQL or MSSQL Server as well as writing SQL queries.
- Experience with Base SAS.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Packages.
- Experience with programming languages, R, Python, C#/Asp.NET.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.