Research and Analytics Associate I
- Support strategic, data-informed decisions by interpreting and transforming data into practical information through statistical analysis, predictive modeling, visualization, and written reporting of college data.
- Build queries and reports employing the data warehouse, ERP, and data analytic tools.
- Consult with internal and external constituencies to determine and clarify data, reports, and research requirements.
- Analyze, evaluate, logically interpret, and summarize a wide variety of institutional data to provide timely, relevant, and accurate information to a broad range of audiences.
- Apply analytics to identify insights, and visually and narratively interpret results.
- Assist with the preparation of state and federally mandated reports.
- Proof reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Produce and maintain documentation to support sustainability.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist in the college planning and assessment program by developing annual work unit objectives that impact long-range priority goals
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, computer science, information systems management, social sciences or a closely related field.
- Proficient in at least one query-based language.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with the ability to work in Excel and Access at an advanced level.
- Experience in relational database management systems.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Understanding of database and data warehouse structures.
- Experience extracting data from large databases and merging data from multiple sources.
- Experience in descriptive statistical analysis using syntax/coding.
- Strong critical thinking and interpretive skills to analyze situations, define problems, and develop/implement solutions.
- Ability to establish goals, priorities, and timelines and to plan work accordingly.
- Ability to complete projects independently and work cooperatively as part of the team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and data accuracy while working on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures.
- Capacity to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Lincoln Land Community College aspires to be a diverse, learner-centered institution that is a recognized leader, anticipating and responding to academic, economic and cultural needs of the community and assisting individuals to realize lifelong educational goals and reach their full potential.
As a staff member at LLCC, you can look forward to 22 paid holidays a year, including 2 weeks at the end of the calendar year and one week in March for mid-semester break; 12 Fridays off in the summer; and 2 personal days, 15 sick days, and starting with 15 vacation days per year. LLCC staff, their spouse and qualified dependent children are eligible to use the tuition waiver on credited courses. LLCC is a positive, team-oriented environment supportive of staff development. Experience success at LLCC!
Application Due Date: 2023-03-27
Job Start Date: 2023-05-15
Salary: $54432 - $89063
Institution: Lincoln Land Community College
Reports To: Associate Vice President, Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.