Visit our Web Site at www.qcc.edu/human-resources for information about our positions.
All applicants must apply online by submitting:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehend and document databases integral to institutional research, including but not limited to institutional effectiveness, student performance and retention, enrollment management, academic assessment, grants, and accreditation.
- Insure timely and consistent reporting of institutional data and performance indicators for the purpose of IPEDS, HEIRS, grants, and other reporting.
- Manage and respond to ad-hoc research requests.
- Utilize Cognos to write reports that extract data from multiple data sources.
- Participate in the planning for the next generation of institutional relational databases and data warehouses.
- Develop and implement surveys. Analyze survey data.
- Collaborate with data stewards to ensure data integrity
- Gather internal and external benchmarks related to institutional effectiveness.
- Maintain and analyze national student clearinghouse data.
- Develop and deploy reports, datasets, and dashboards via Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, Excel, or other appropriate tools.
- Conduct research and analyses relevant to the assessment of student learning.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to assess their research needs and develop and deliver comprehendible reports that provide insight to their work.
- Participate in committee work as assigned.
- Maintain documentation of all work and tasks completed.
- Fulfill data requirements for grant proposals.
- Prepare and submit federal and state reports including grant reporting.
- Support faculty engaged in the College's Academic Program Review process through collaborative development of student outcomes and appropriate measurement methods.
- Work actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respect the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
- Consult with and support policy and planning functions engaged in institutional assessment, effectiveness, and accreditation processes.
- Embrace the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
- Provide flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assess processes and procedures and revise accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with business intelligence tools and graphical representations of data; database systems, basic SQL programming, and query software systems.
- Genuine interest in institutional research and assessment and using data to improve all facets of institutional performance.
- Highest level of attention to detail and respect for data integrity.
- Experience with SPSS, SAS, or similar stats software package.
- Demonstrated ability to manage databases with an emphasis on data integrity, data quality, and designing efficient processes and mechanisms to store and retrieve data.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work with and support administrative areas in data management, reporting, and analysis.
Quinsigamond Community College (QCC), the largest community college in Central Massachusetts serving over 13,000 students in degree and certificate programs, adult education and workforce development. QCC offers over 70 associate degree and certificate career options in Business, Health Care, Technology, Liberal Arts, and Human Services. Additionally, over 137 credit and 300 noncredit courses are offered online, as well as a wide variety of classroom non-credit courses, workshops, and seminars. Classes are provided on the main campus, in downtown Worcester (Healthcare, Workforce Development, Continuing Education), at the Worcester Senior Center (Hospitality & Recreation Management), at Burncoat High School (Automotive Technology), and in the city of Southbridge.
QCC is committed to 100% student success as evidenced by its ambitious strategic plan. This commitment is furthered by a college-wide Equity Appraisal-currently underway-designed to assist the College to better serve students who have historically been underserved and underrepresented in higher education.
QCC is especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, and/or services, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the college academic community.
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.