Data Analyst – Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director for Institutional Research and working collaboratively within the IR Team and with Teams from other units, the Associate, Academic and Institutional Studies II (Data Analyst) undertakes studies of considerable scope and complexity including recognizing side issues or related problems for further inquiry and for recommending lines of approach to incorporate them into the main study or to pursue them through a separate project. Long-range and continuing studies are reported periodically and changes in direction or focus, as required by changing circumstances, are cleared with the supervisor. In addition, the incumbent provides support to the different functions of IR as needed.
Institutional Research focuses on providing decision support in areas related to planning, policy development, and institutional effectiveness, among other and generally addresses mandated reporting, data and research requests, and external surveys. Conducting analytical studies may include determining project methods and design, data collection, web-based surveys, an emphasis on quantitative data analysis, interpreting and drawing conclusions from the findings and preparing presentations and other materials to disseminate the findings in such a way that they will be useful for decision-making and institutional improvement.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $72,000 - $89,000 per year
Link : https://jobs.calpoly.edu/en-us/job/523436/data-analyst
• Working knowledge of data warehouse systems, data programming, and data management.
• Demonstrated skills in analyzing large complex databases. Ability to independently identify and resolve data conflicts.
• Demonstrated ability to use database query languages and tools to retrieve, examine, evaluate, combine, and manipulate data from multiple sources.
• Experience with version control and unit testing.
• Ability to obtain necessary information for different projects as requested, ability to analyze the information, draw conclusions and develop recommendations, prepare written reports, and lead meetings and negotiations.
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.