Director of Institutional Research
Send cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for (two) 2 professional references electronically to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Operations or via USPS to:
Ms. Stephanie Cachez
Chief of Staff, Office of the President
1 Felician Way
Rutherford, New Jersey 07070
The following listing of primary job responsibilities indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Oversee the University’s external reporting, internal reporting, and analysis in support of institutional effectiveness and decision-making (eg.,IPEDS, SURE, MSCHE, USNews, College Board, AAUP, NC-SARA);
- Coordinate the administration and utilization of all institution-wide surveys and studies related to institutional effectiveness (e.g., NSSE, HEDS).
- Serve as the central resource for institutional data and a key partner in the development and monitoring of strategic indicators;
- Oversee data collection required for Middle States evaluation;
- Collaborate with the Offices within Enrollment Management, Student Information systems, Center for Academic Technology, and Information Technology to reduce and prevent data duplication in Ellucian Colleague;
- Collaborate with faculty and staff, departments and offices, and instructional and non-instructional program directors to design specialized tools for data collection, survey administration and summarization of findings;
- Compile, collect, organize, analyze, interpret and verify the accuracy and completeness of data used in generating reports; provide recommendations, information and/or data for decision-making, planning and institutional effectiveness;
- Provide directly to the president and cabinet members as needed and/or requested to provide relevant reports, data integration and analyses
- Create, distribute and interpret the annual Fact Book;
- Complete confidential faculty/staff reporting
- Prepare and submit external reports on a timely basis;
- Respond to internal and external surveys, reports, analysis requests and ad hoc inquires on a timely and accurate basis.
- Master’s degree in related field;
- 3 -5 years of successful experience in a College or University Office of Institutional Research;
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative academic research;
- Extensive knowledge of statistics and data analysis;
- Ability to perform statistical analysis and data visualization using SPSS, Tablau or other statistical/data visualization software packages;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State reporting requirements and definitions;
- Experience with collecting, analyzing and disseminating information for both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to synthesize and present information to assist with strategic decision making;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; ability to engage diverse constituencies using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to inform or persuade the intended audience;
- Strong project management skills (whether individual or leading a team);
- Experience working with college/university ERP system, Colleague preferred;
- Superior organizational skills; ability to manage and meet deadlines for multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Comprehensive understanding of the mission and objectives of private higher education and the institutional needs and challenges of small institutions;
- Ability and willingness to support and promote the Felician Franciscan mission and values of the university.
Felician University offers a choice of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, as well as a retirement plan (403B), tuition remission, and generous time off benefits.
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.