Institutional Research Analyst
Institutional Research Analyst
Compliance Reporting and Data Management (50% of time)
- Facilitates, coordinates, and conducts a variety of institutional data-gathering efforts for federal, state, grant, and survey reports (e.g., IPEDS, D4A, NSC PDP, legislative requests, CCSSE, SENSE, ModernThink, HEIS, College Board).
- Performs and documents high-level database queries to extract data from internal and external sources (e.g., operational data store using SQL, IPEDs, National Student Clearinghouse).
- Maintains data integrity, quality assurance, and common data definitions including data validation, correcting and cleaning data within established deadlines, monitoring data processes, and working with Director of Institutional Effectiveness to ensure that institutional data collection, analysis, management, and reporting practices are reliable, valid, and ethical. Maintains data glossary.
- Serves as point of contact for internal and external data requests. Works with requestors to define and meet their needs in a timely fashion. Works collaboratively with IT department to ensure consistent data request processing.
Assessment and Program Improvement (20% of time)
- Works with Director of Institutional Effectiveness to support assessment and instructional and non-instructional program review, including collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, support and feedback for faculty and staff, and reporting to campus stakeholders.
- Works with Director of Institutional Effectiveness to coordinate summarizing and reporting outcomes assessment and resulting improvements to teaching-and-learning to support program and College planning and accreditation.
- Works with Director of Institutional Effectiveness to provide training and leadership on measurement, assessment, research and evaluation methodologies and technologies relevant to assessing student learning and academic outcomes.
- Maintain college website/portal for program review, assessment, and learning outcomes. Collect, edit and publish program review documents to portal.
Analysis, Research, and Surveys (30% of time)
- Works with Director of Institutional Effectiveness to analyze quantitative and qualitative data, create visualizations and develop dashboards, draft written reports, including internal data and national and internal survey results.
- Administer, analyze, and facilitate use of results for national surveys, such as CCSSE, SENSE, ModernThink, Student Satisfaction Inventory, and others.
- Works with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness to collect, analyze, and document data to measure outcomes and other institutional-level data that inform mission fulfillment and mission equity, strategic planning, and other decision-making needs.
- Develops and maintains standard reports for internal and external audiences. Works with all departments on campus to create tables, reports, and data dashboards using Excel, Tableau and other tools.
- Assist faculty and staff in creating, coordinating, administering, and analyzing surveys in support of program review, assessment, grant activities, and other decision-making needs.
- Works collaboratively with faculty and staff on research projects as needed.
Performs Other Duties and Special Projects as Required/Assigned
Four-year degree in social science, education, business, math, statistics, or related field
At least two years of experience in data analysis and reporting
Experience validating data
Extensive experience with Excel at the intermediate level
Experience working with confidential data
Training in research methods and data analysis
Experience using text-based software applications
Willingness to learn SQL and Tableau
Experience with SPSS or other similar data analysis package
- Medical & RX - Moda - choice of four plans
- Moda - choice of two plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Standard Life Insurance
- Accidental Life and Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan (Oregon PERS/OPSERP)
- Tuition and Fee Waiver
- Bookstore Discount
- Opportunity to potentially receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Civic Leave
- Personal Leave
- Administrative Leave
Up to 11 holidays per year, plus one floating holiday
Up to 160 hours per year, maximum accrual up to 320 hours
PAID TIME OFF (PTO):
11 Fridays off in Summer, 5 days off at Christmas
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.