Institutional Research Analyst
- Query the SPCC Colleague / Informer System, the NCCCS Data Warehouse, and other data sources to satisfy requests for data.
- Maintain and query the SPCC Data Warehouse using SAS.
- Analyze, interpret, and respond effectively to stakeholder requests and needs for institutional data on a wide range of issues.
- Summarize data and insights clearly and accurately and prepare written, oral, and visual reports in a variety of formats appropriate to different audiences of varying technical backgrounds.
- Conduct independent research and data analysis identifying emerging issues, challenges, and opportunities for the college.
- Provide reliable, relevant, and quality data, analysis, information, and recommendations to facilitate planning, budgeting, accountability, accreditation, program evaluation, assessment, and development of policy decisions.
- Serve on appropriate college committees as needed/assigned.
- Manage multiple short and long-term projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision as an integral member of a team.
- Assist other members of the Institutional Effectiveness Department in the establishment of a comprehensive research program that supports all areas of the institution.
- Provide required data and participate in the strategic planning, assessment, and accreditation processes for the college.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees of all divisions throughout the college; function effectively as a team player
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all sensitive matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Data Analytics and Reporting or the Vice President of Strategic Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Systems, Social Sciences, Education, or related field that included course work in research design, statistics, or data analysis OR
- Associate’s degree in Statistics, Computer Systems, Social Sciences, Education, or related field that included course work in research design, statistics, or data analysis with at a minimum of two years of experience in institutional research or institutional effectiveness.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Expertise in data collection methods, data analysis, data integrity, and report preparation.
- Proficient at preparing written, oral and graphical reports and presentations targeted for selected audiences about complex projects, data analyses, and use of results for continuous improvement.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
The Institutional Research Analyst is a full-time position providing research, analysis, and data interpretation to inform evidence-based decisions at the college. This individual also provides data for standard semester and annual reports as well as local, state, and federal reporting.
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.