Assistant Director of Institutional Research
To ensure prompt consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website at https://jobs.silkroad.com/Xavier/apply/jobs/2973 by June 1, 2023. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Candidates are also asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University seeks an Assistant Director of Institutional Research to be responsible for a broad range of activities involving data collection, analysis, and reporting in academic and administrative areas, as well as managing the department’s survey research projects.
- Conduct institutional research and assessment analysis, including data collection and analysis and benchmarking activities to support academic and administrative areas.
- Manage the department’s survey research projects that support accreditation, institutional effectiveness, and strategic planning.
- Serve as the IR administrator for the university’s survey software and provide technical support to end users.
- Plan, design, and continuously improve the institutional analytics (business intelligence and business analytics) of the University through dashboards and strategic reporting.
- Supervise the IR Graduate Assistant, including training the GA on Xavier data and processes, managing workload, ensuring the quality of work, and other administrative tasks.
Key Qualifications bullet below:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in research methodology, statistical analysis, trending, interpretation of data and findings, familiarity with data collection and preparation, processing, classification, and forecasting.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in institutional research
- 3 to 5 years of experience in IPEDS reporting and guidebook survey reporting (such as US News Rankings, College Board, Princeton Review)
- 3 to 5 years of experience with data visualization software (such as Tableau, Power BI)
- 1 to 3 years supervisory experience
- Experience with relational databases, querying tools (such as Access), MS Office, and quantitative analytical tools, such as SPSS, SAS, or R.
- Experience in survey design, development, implementation, and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels, and to work as a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a research-related field, such as statistics, mathematics, social science, behavioral science, information science, or an equivalent combination of academic degree achievement and professional knowledge. A master’s degree is preferred.
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.