eAIR is the newsletter of the Association for Institutional Research (AIR). From its start in October 1987 to today, eAIR remains one of the most important tools for providing news to the higher education community.
View Articles By Column
- Special Feature (3)
- Featured (70)
- National Survey Data Bite (49)
- Tech Tips (34)
- Board Corner (34)
- Special Feature / Interview (25)
- Interview (5)
- Ask eAIR (20)
- IPEDS/NCES (8)
- IR In The Know (30)
- Visual Displays of Data (23)
Create a free account or update your communication preferences to receive the eAIR newsletter.
2021 Editorial Committee
Association at a Glance
Listings Closing Soon
Purpose: Integrates data gathering and analysis to support planning and decision-making across all areas of the University. Maintains current knowledge of planning and evaluation methods, and serves as a resource for all areas of the University. Collaborates with and supports all University constituencies on accreditation, assessment, and institutional effectiveness. The Director is responsible for the design, coordination, implementation, and analysis of a comprehensive program of assessment and accreditation activities central to the success of University-wide strategic goals and objectives. The ability to work closely with both academic and non-academic units in collecting and analyzing quality outcomes data is vital to the position.
Ohio Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Gathers and analyzes data from all sectors of the University to support institutional planning and decision making.
- Provides relevant, timely, and accurate institutional information to University administrators and the university community at large, the external community, and external agencies; provides institution-wide support for obtaining data and information and performing analyses in response to specific needs.
- Establishes and maintains integrated working relationships with other University departments to develop and disseminate shared databases.
- Responds to information requests from the President, Vice Presidents, and other members of senior administration.
- Compiles and publishes longitudinal and comparative data about Ohio Dominican University.
- Coordinates and supports institution-wide planning on student learning outcomes. Investigates and keeps up-to-date on best practices, including tools such as surveys and research instruments. Serves as a resource for the University on assessment issues. Assists both academic and non-academic departments in the conduct of self-assessment reviews and prepares materials for reviews by external visiting committees.
- Coordinate with all University accreditation efforts, especially by the Higher Learning Commission, to ensure assessment efforts are consistent with respective guidelines.
- Maintains database of strategic goals and data to support those goals - researches and monitors data use in evaluation of university-wide planning efforts.
- Keeps abreast of national and international trends in higher education, including actions of the federal and state governments and associations, studies the implications of these issues for the University and suggests responses to them.
- Coordinates the submission of data to external consortia (IPEDS, etc.), analyzes data received from those organizations and presents the implications of these comparative findings to the University administration.
- Coordinates the submission of data to publishers of college guidebooks and serves as a resource for the administration on policy issues associated with the collection and presentation of data in such publications.
- Visibly manages and systematizes the centralized collection analysis and dissemination of quality, accurate, and essential University data and storage of supporting documentation.
- Collaborates with Information Services to develop and maintain data sources and databases that support the University's mission and strategic plan.
- Consistently displays a high level of integrity, courtesy, service, teamwork, and support to colleagues and community members.
- Conducts survey research, using both survey instruments developed elsewhere and locally-designed surveys, in order to gather information needed to support decision-making. Serves as a consultant to University offices in the development and implementation of departmental surveys.
- Attend staff meetings and other University events
- Participate in training and professional development as required
- Other duties as assigned.
A Master's degree (PhD preferred) in education, research methodology, social science, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in institutional effectiveness and/or continuous improvement, program review, and accreditation; in an institutional research or academic affairs setting is required. The successful candidates must also have proven experience in the development and management of an institutional effectiveness program; proven experience in the development and/or implementation of a strategic plan; demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, convert, and present data for decision-making; excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present information effectively; proven experience in the use of presentation, reporting, and statistical and database application software and programming techniques (Access, Excel, and PowerPoint); and strong and effective management, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Experience with Datatel Colleague is preferred. Most of all, s/he must genuinely enjoy working with a diverse population and be committed to furthering the mission of Ohio Dominican University.
ODU's total rewards package for full-time employees includes:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition benefits
ODU offers a cafeteria-style benefits package that allows employees to customize a program to meet their unique needs. Options include:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental life insurance for self, spouse and dependents
- Short-term disability
- Critical illness policy
- Accident insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Free use of the ODU Fitness Center
- Free use of library and Spangler Learning Center resources
- Health and wellness programs
- Career training and programs