Note: This course will be offered next in September and October 2019 and then in February, March, and June 2020.
Created for data providers with less than 9 months of experience as keyholders, this mentor-supported course covers basic concepts and definitions, such as what IPEDS is, components that make up an IPEDS submission, IPEDS requirements and your responsibilities as a Keyholder, and tips and tricks on how to complete accurate and timely IPEDS submissions.
This curriculum is intended for both officially designated IPEDS Keyholders as well as individuals that serve in a secondary (proxy Keyholder) role assisting the official IPEDS Keyholder in the data collection/entry process.
- No tuition charge to participants
- Mentor supported
- Self-paced curriculum over the course of one month
Space is limited to 150 participants per course, and online seating is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted.
Online Course Registration Components:
- Contact and employment information
- IPEDS Experience
- Brief description of how the specific curriculum offered in the online course will benefit you
- Supervisor's contact Information (for course completion acknowledgement communication)
- Agreement to:
- Only request a seat in ONE Keyholder course for a given month - either Keyholder Essentials or Keyholder Efficiencies
- Complete this self-paced curriculum over the course of one month
- Contact the IPEDS Help Desk to ask specific questions related to my completion of individual IPEDS collection surveys
- Notify AIR immediately if I am unable to complete the course
NOTE: Participants may only enroll in ONE keyholder course at a time. Additionally, participants should allow 10-12 hours to complete their chosen course within a one-month period.Questions? Contact the AIR IPEDS Keyholder Course staff at email@example.com or 850-391-3856.