Created for data providers with less than 9 months of experience as keyholders, this mentor-supported course covers basic concepts and definitions, such as what IPEDS is, components that make up an IPEDS submission, IPEDS requirements and your responsibilities as a Keyholder, and tips and tricks on how to complete accurate and timely IPEDS submissions.
This curriculum is intended for both officially designated IPEDS Keyholders as well as individuals that serve in a secondary (proxy Keyholder) role assisting the official IPEDS Keyholder in the data collection/entry process.
- No tuition charge to participants
- Mentor supported
- Self-paced curriculum over the course of one month
2020–21 IPEDS Keyholder Essentials CoursesThis course will be held in the following 2020–21 months:
- September 2020
- October 2020
- February 2021
- March 2021
- June 2021
Space is limited to 200 participants per course, and online seating is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted.
NOTE: Participants may only enroll in ONE keyholder course at a time. Additionally, participants should allow 10–12 hours to complete their chosen course within a one-month period.
Online Course Registration Components
- Contact and employment information
- IPEDS Experience
- Brief description of how the specific curriculum offered in the online course will benefit you
- Supervisor's contact Information (for course completion acknowledgement communication)
- Agreement to:
- Only request a seat in ONE Keyholder course for a given month - either Keyholder Essentials or Keyholder Efficiencies
- Complete this self-paced curriculum over the course of one month
- Contact the IPEDS Help Desk to ask specific questions related to my completion of individual IPEDS collection surveys
- Notify AIR immediately if I am unable to complete the course
Questions? Email the AIR IPEDS Keyholder Course staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850-391-3856.
Financial support for the development and management of this online course is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).