Effective April 29, 2020
The website located at www.airweb.org (the “website”) and all properties hosted on this domain are operated by the Association for Institutional Research (hereinafter collectively referred to as “AIR,” “the Association,” “us,” “we,” and “our”).
This policy addresses the use of personal information by AIR. AIR is firmly committed to respecting your privacy and recognizing your need for appropriate protection of personally identifiable information you share with us. Included in this policy are members, consumers of products and services, and others who engage with the Association (referred to as “users”).
“Personally identifiable information” and “personal information” mean any information by which you, individually, can be identified (e.g., name, address, telephone number). AIR does not collect any personal information from general website visitors (www.airweb.org). However, when users create accounts, log into their accounts, or request information from the Association, personal information may be requested. Any information collected is for internal use and will not be shared with or disclosed to third parties without consent.
When AIR collects personal information, it is with the intent to better serve users. Basic information requested of users may include:
The following information is required to set up an AIR user account. Individuals who interact with AIR solely by telephone or postal mail and do not provide email addresses may be listed in AIR records by first and last name only.
- First name
- Last name
- Email address(es)
The following information may be required of users in online and offline transactions, surveys, information requests, and/or the purchase of products and services.
- Nickname/preferred name
- Institution/organization affiliation
- Postal address(es)
- Phone number(s)
- Employment Information
- Current and past job title(s), role, and function
- Current and past employer(s)
- Years/duration of employment
- Position description(s)
- Professional and scholarly experience(s)
- Education levels/degrees attained
- Year of birth
- AIR username and password
- Records of transactions with AIR
- Emergency contact information
- Conference presentation information (proposals and past activity)
- Conference session attendance, selection, and feedback
- AIR maintains speakers’/presenters’ biographical information used in relevant event online programs and stores event evaluation results
- Dietary preferences (for event planning purposes)
Typically, AIR uses the personal information collected to:
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Communicate transactional information, such as receipts for products/services or event registration information;
- Process Association membership, or relay information about membership;
- Provide user access to electronic mailing lists, newsletters, or databases; and/or
- Contact users about the products/services for which they have expressed interest.
AIR shares information about participants in the annual conference (AIR Forum) in the following ways:
- Names and postal addresses are provided to AIR Forum sponsors for that conference only.
- Email addresses are provided to AIR Forum sponsors if users opt in to have their information shared.
- Names, institutions/affiliations, and contact information is made available in the Forum event app, unless users opt out.
- Names, institutions/affiliations, and contact information is made available in the AIR member directory unless users opt out.
Changing/Updating Personal Information
You may review and update the information about you or your organization at any time. Users who wish to amend or remove personal information stored by AIR should:
- Visit www.airweb.org, sign in, and modify information in “my account”; or
- Contact AIR by email at email@example.com or by phone at 850-385-4155.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections or granting access to your information via email or phone.
- Session cookies are used to enhance and make more efficient the user's experience during a site visit. Once the user closes the browser, the cookie terminates.
- Persistent cookies store small text files on the user's hard drive for extended periods of time and “remember” visit activities to help make subsequent visits more efficient. Users may remove persistent cookies by following internet browser help instructions.
AIR periodically offers users and other members of the higher education community the opportunity to participate in surveys. The purpose of each survey is clearly defined, and participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. When AIR uses third-party services to conduct surveys, those services are prohibited from employing AIR users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. AIR never shares users’ personally identifiable information with third parties without consent.
AIR employs the services of third parties to support its business practices and services provided to users.
AIR uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses persistent cookies to analyze how users interact with a website. The information generated by the cookie about use of the website (including users’ IP addresses) is transmitted to and stored by Google. Google uses this information to compile reports on website activity for website operators and provides other services relating to website activity and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties when required to do so by law, or when third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate users’ IP addresses with any other data held by Google.
Email Messages and Newsletter: Mailchimp
Unsubscribing from eAIR and general email messages. Users may unsubscribe from eAIR and/or other AIR mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message or by emailing AIR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Conference (AIR Forum) App: DoubleDutch
Unsubscribing from the AIR Forum App. Users who have questions about removing their information from the conference app may contact the Forum team at email@example.com.
Annual Conference (AIR Forum) System: Hubb
AIR uses Hubb to manage the Forum proposal submission and selection processes. All information that prospective presenters provide to AIR are retained in Hubb, including, but not limited to, proposers’ names, email addresses, sessions titles, abstracts, and supporting documentation. Questions about Hubb may be directed to the Forum team at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Hubb privacy statement provides detailed information.
Learning Management System: WBT Systems
Online Community Management Software: Higher Logic
Social Media Plugins
AIR takes the security of users’ personal information seriously and is committed to ensuring that its information technology (IT) systems, infrastructure, and applications are secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, AIR cannot guarantee the security of users’ information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information via the AIR website is at the user’s risk. AIR does not assume any liability for third-party use of general or personal information, whether obtained legally or illegally from or through its website.
Compromise of Information
In the event that any personal information under AIR’s control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, AIR will take reasonable steps to investigate and resolve the situation in a timely manner, and where appropriate, notify individuals whose information may have been at risk. In all such situations, AIR will take all necessary steps in accordance with applicable laws.
AIR reserves the right to disclose users’ personally identifiable information as required by law and when it is determined that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Association, its users, customers, or others; or to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes served on or otherwise required of the Association.
Links to Other Sites
Association for Institutional Research
PO Box 13739
Tallahassee, FL 32317