2022 AIR Forum Highlights

AIR Forum Phoenix, AZ June 6-9, 2022

2022 AIR Forum

June 6–9, 2022 | Phoenix, AZ 

In a world of constant change, the need for higher education professionals to get together annually to learn, connect, and share has never faltered. After gathering virtually for two years, the 2022 AIR Forum was held in person June 6–9 in Phoenix, Arizona.

2024 AIR Forum

Pre-Conference Education
Denver, Colorado
May 27–28

2024 AIR Forum
Denver, Colorado
May 28–31

Register Now

Quick Links

Impact Sessions

Photo Gallery
Fun images from the event including the selfie station!

Conversation

AIR Hub
Let's continue the conversations we started through AIR Hub.

Network

Upcoming Events
Find upcoming AIR professional development opportunities.

Convention Center Exterior

Conference Center

Phoenix Convention Center (North Building)
100 North Third Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA

2022 Keynote Speakers

Ruha Benjamin

Ruha Benjamin

Education & Tech Equity Advocate; Sociology & African American Studies Scholar; Author 

Ruha Benjamin is professor of African American studies at Princeton University and founding director of the IDA B. WELLS Just Data Lab and author of two books, People’s Science and Race After Technology, and editor of Captivating Technology, and working on a fourth book, Viral Justice: How We Grow the World We Want. Ruha writes, teaches, and speaks widely about the relationship between innovation and inequity, knowledge and power, race and citizenship, health and justice. 

Stephanie Russo Carroll

Stephanie Russo Carroll

Dr. Stephanie Carroll is Dene/Ahtna, a citizen of the Native Village of Kluti-Kaah in Alaska, and of Sicilian-decent. Based at the University of Arizona, she is Assistant Professor of Public Health, Associate Director for the Native Nations Institute, and Acting Director and Assistant Research Professor at the Udall Center. Her interdisciplinary research group, the Collaboratory for Indigenous Data Governance develops research, policy, and practice innovations for Indigenous data sovereignty. Stephanie chairs the Global Indigenous Data Alliance (GIDA), the International Indigenous Data Sovereignty Interest Group at the Research Data Alliance, and the Indigenous Data Working Group for the IEEE P2890 Recommended Practice for Provenance of Indigenous Peoples' Data.

#AIRForum Buzz

"My first #airforum was beyond expectations!! Met amazing people, listened to insightful sessions and learned about meaningful projects that are excellent examples of #institutionalchange for #studentsuccess. I can’t wait to begin work on some projects! See you all next year!!"

Twitter @christy_wentz

"When was the last time you saw your #highered colleagues in 3D? Huge networking opportunity at in-person #AIRForum June 6-9. Don't forget to bring your business cards! @air4data"

Twitter @ingram_analytic

"Great views of the mountains are everywhere! Can’t wait to see so many colleagues, friends and leaders in my field at 2022 #airforum in Phoenix. @air4data"

Twitter @lpblake1

"Excited to reconnect with colleagues in Phoenix! I invite all members of the AIR community to join us. #AIRForum"

Twitter @cmkeller66

"The AIR Board met in-person this week at one of the outstanding 2022 #AIRForum hotels. We enjoyed the weather and toured the venue for #AIRForum - fantastic! Join us in Phoenix, June 6-9. #InstitutionalResearch #HigherEdData"

LinkedIn Braden Hosch

"Grateful to have been with my fellow #highered data nerds these past few days. My heart is full of ideas, inspiration, and new connections. Now let’s get to work and use data strategically to transform our colleges and universities for equitable student success. "

Twitter @coobs

"Morning All!!!!! Looking to see if any other small/single person IR/IE office interested in planning a lunch or dinner together at the AIR forum in Phoenix?????"

AIR Hub

Christine Ross

"Hi all, This year, I assisted the AIR Executive Office in ensuring a quality concurrent session program by serving as a 2022 AIR Forum Program and Strategy Committee member. Our job was to provide a detailed "second look" at review scores and the sessions recommended for presentation acceptance via the review..."

Hub Meghal Parikh

"Colleagues, Joseph Finke (jtfinke@iu.edu) and I (vborden@iu.edu) are presenting a session on visualizing student flow at the 2022 Forum. We would like to enlist your help in collecting examples "from the field."  If you have created or come across a method for visualizing student flow that you think..."

AIR Hub

Victor Borden

Buzz