The Community College Scholarship facilitates the professional growth and development of early-career institutional research professionals employed at community colleges by providing registration assistance for the online portion of
A Holistic Approach to Institutional Research.
2020 Award Options
Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $250, and recipients can choose to participate in either of the two course offerings:
- March 30–May 10, 2020: Online course
Institutional commitment: $400 member/$525 nonmember
Fall cohort; optional face-to-face seminar
- September 14–October 25, 2020: Online course
- November 6–7, 2020: Optional face-to-face seminar in Washington, D.C.
Institutional commitment: $400 member/$525 nonmember (optional seminar $200)
The 2020 deadline to nominate and apply for this AIR scholarship has passed.
Check back Spring 2021!
The Holistic Approach course was invaluable to me as a new IR person. It helped me develop a framework for the data work I'm doing within the context of higher education, which is completely new to me. The networking with both mentors and other attendees was invaluable. I absolutely recommend this course to anyone starting in IR.”
—Kari Grafton, Lincoln Land Community College
What to Expect
- Senior staff and leaders nominate a deserving community college staff member.
- Nominees will be notified and must then apply. A complete application includes:
- Your supervisor’s contact information,
- Cohort selection, and
- A letter of intent (250 words)
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on a rolling basis.