The Community College Scholarship facilitates the professional growth and development of early-career institutional research professionals employed at community colleges by providing registration assistance for the online portion of A Holistic Approach to Institutional Research.
What to Expect
- Senior staff and leaders nominate a deserving community college staff member.
- Nominees will be notified and must then apply. A complete application includes:
- Your supervisor’s contact information,
- Cohort selection, and
- A letter of intent (250 words)
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on a rolling basis.
Nomination Process Now Open
Senior staff and leaders: Consider nominating a deserving staff member for this year's scholarship!
The deadline to apply for this AIR scholarship is March 15, 2021.
Are you a staff member interested in applying? Ask a senior staff member to submit your nomination to get the process started.
2021 Award Options
Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $250, and this year’s recipients can choose to participate in one of the following A Holistic Approach to IR online course offerings:
- Spring cohort: March 29 – May 9, 2021
- Summer cohort: July 5 – August 15, 2021
- Fall cohort: September 13 – October 24, 2021
Please note: The full price of the course is $650 members/$775 nonmembers. The institutional commitment for scholarship recipients is $400 members/$525 nonmembers.
"The Holistic Approach course was invaluable to me as a new IR person. It helped me develop a framework for the data work I'm doing within the context of higher education, which is completely new to me. The networking with both mentors and other attendees was invaluable. I absolutely recommend this course to anyone starting in IR.” —Kari Grafton, Lincoln Land Community College