The Community College Scholarship facilitates the professional growth and development of early-career institutional research professionals employed at community colleges by providing registration assistance for the online portion of A Holistic Approach to Institutional Research.
What to Expect
- Senior staff and leaders nominate a deserving community college staff member.
- Nominees will be notified and must then apply. A complete application includes:
- Your supervisor’s contact information,
- Cohort selection, and
- A letter of intent (250 words)
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on a rolling basis.
The deadline to apply for the spring 2022 scholarship has passed.
To be notified when this scholarship opens again, check your communication preferences—ensure the “Opt Out” boxes are unchecked and then save your preferences.
2022 Award Options
Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $250, and this year’s recipients can choose to participate in one of the following A Holistic Approach to IR online course offerings:
- April 4 – May 15, 2022: Online course
- September 12 – October 23, 2022: Online course
- November 4 – 5, 2022: Face-to-face seminar in Washington, D.C.
Please note: The full price of the course is $650 for members, $775 for nonmembers. The institutional commitment for scholarship recipients is $400 for members, $525 for nonmembers.
"The Holistic Approach course was invaluable to me as a new IR person. It helped me develop a framework for the data work I'm doing within the context of higher education, which is completely new to me. The networking with both mentors and other attendees was invaluable. I absolutely recommend this course to anyone starting in IR.” —Kari Grafton, Lincoln Land Community College