The Community College Scholarship facilitates the professional growth and development of early-career institutional research professionals employed at community colleges by providing registration assistance for the online portion of A Holistic Approach to Institutional Research.
What to Expect
- Senior staff and leaders nominate a deserving community college staff member.
- Nominees will be notified and must then apply. A complete application includes:
- Your supervisor’s contact information,
- Cohort selection, and
- A letter of intent (250 words)
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on a rolling basis.
The spring 2021 deadline to nominate and apply for this AIR scholarship has passed.
To be notified when we reopen this scholarship opportunity, check your communication preferences—ensure the "Grants and Scholarships" subcategory opt out box is unchecked, and then save your preferences.
2021 Award Options
Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $250, and this year’s recipients can choose to participate in one of the following A Holistic Approach to IR online course offerings:
- Spring cohort: March 29 – May 9, 2021
- Summer cohort: July 5 – August 15, 2021
- Fall cohort: September 13 – October 24, 2021
Please note: The full price of the course is $650 members/$775 nonmembers. The institutional commitment for scholarship recipients is $400 members/$525 nonmembers.
"The Holistic Approach course was invaluable to me as a new IR person. It helped me develop a framework for the data work I'm doing within the context of higher education, which is completely new to me. The networking with both mentors and other attendees was invaluable. I absolutely recommend this course to anyone starting in IR.” —Kari Grafton, Lincoln Land Community College