Created for data providers with less than 9 months of experience as keyholders, this mentor supported course covers basic concepts and definitions, such as what IPEDS is, components that make up an IPEDS submission, IPEDS requirements and your responsibilities as a Keyholder, and tips and tricks on how to complete accurate and timely IPEDS submissions.
This curriculum is intended for both officially designated IPEDS Keyholders as well as individuals that serve in a secondary (proxy Keyholder) role assisting the official IPEDS Keyholder in the data collection/entry process.
- No tuition charge to participants
- Mentor supported
- Self-paced curriculum over the course of one month
Registration for the March course is now closed. This course will be offered again in June 2023.
To be notified as we post courses, check your communication preferences—ensure the “Opt Out” box for IPEDS is unchecked, and save your preferences.
Space is limited to 200 participants per course, and online seating is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. If your application is accepted, you will receive an email 1-2 business days before the course launches with information on how to access the course.
NOTE: Participants may only enroll in ONE keyholder course at a time. Additionally, participants should allow 10–12 hours to complete their chosen course within a one-month period.
Online Course Registration Components
- Contact and employment information
- IPEDS Experience
- Brief description of how the specific curriculum offered in the online course will benefit you
- Supervisor's contact Information (for course completion acknowledgment communication)
- Agreement to:
- Only request a seat in ONE Keyholder course for a given month, either Keyholder Essentials or Keyholder Efficiencies
- Complete this self-paced curriculum over the course of one month
- Contact the IPEDS Help Desk to ask specific questions related to my completion of individual IPEDS collection surveys
- Notify AIR immediately if I am unable to complete the course
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850-391-7109.
Financial support for the development and management of this online course is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).