Survey Component Overview:
The purpose of the AL component of IPEDS is to collect information on library collections, library expenditures, and library services for libraries in degree-granting postsecondary institutions. The Academic Libraries component for IPEDS replaced the previous Academic Libraries Survey, which was collected from degree-granting postsecondary institutions every other year in odd-numbered years.
Data Collection Period:
- December 12, 2018 – April 10,
2019for IPEDS Keyholders.
- December 12, 2018 – April 24,
2019for IPEDS Coordinators
Academic Libraries (AL)
- Overview Tutorial Script (PDF)
- Visit NCES' Academic Libraries Information Center for more information and the history of the Academic Libraries component
- Watch a webinar on changes that took effect during the 2015-16 collection cycle from the Association of Research Libraries (ARL).
- Learn more about the Academic Libraries (AL) Survey