4 Awards. 4 Scholarships. For You.
AIR offers four awards to recognize the contributions of current and past leaders and four scholarships to help ensure a strong pipeline of future institutional research leaders.
The deadline for most AIR awards and scholarships has passed. The deadline to apply for the Community College Scholarship is March 15, 2021.
Each year, AIR recognizes and celebrates individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the success of the association and the profession through their leadership, service, and scholarship.
- Outstanding Service Award*: Recognizes a member for professional leadership and exemplary service to AIR.
- John Stecklein Distinguished Member Award*: Recognizes a member whose professional career has significantly advanced the field of institutional research through extraordinary scholarship, leadership, and service.
- Sidney Suslow Scholar Award: Recognizes an individual who, through scholarly work, has made significant contributions to the field of institutional research and advanced understanding of the profession in a meaningful way.
- Charles F. Elton Best Paper Award: Celebrates the scholarly papers presented at the AIR annual conference (AIR Forum) that best exemplify the standards of excellence established by the award's namesake and that make significant contributions to the field of IR.
*This award is only offered to current AIR members.
AIR provides scholarships that facilitate the professional growth and development of early-career institutional research professionals. These scholarships are awarded on an annual basis.
- Julia M. Duckwall Scholarship Program*: Recipients may choose from one of two award options: Registration for AIR Forum Virtual or for one qualifying online course.
- Edward Delaney Scholarship Program*: In 2021, the scholarship covers the cost of AIR Forum Virtual registration.
- Jeff Seybert/National Higher Education Benchmarking Institute Scholarship Program*: In 2021, the scholarship covers the cost of AIR Forum Virtual registration.
- Community College Scholarship Program**: Provides registration assistance for the online portion of A Holistic Approach to Institutional Research.
*This scholarship is only offered to current AIR members.
**The deadline for this particular scholarship is March 15, 2021.