Nominate. Apply. Share.
AIR awards recognize the contributions of current and past leaders while AIR scholarships help ensure a strong pipeline of future institutional research (IR) leaders.
The deadline to nominate and/or apply for most opportunities has been extended to January 27 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
If you have any questions or need assistance, email email@example.com.
Each year, AIR recognizes and celebrates individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the success of the association and the profession through their leadership, service, and scholarship.
- Outstanding Service Award*: Recognizes a member for professional leadership and exemplary service to AIR.
- John Stecklein Distinguished Member Award*: Recognizes a member whose professional career has significantly advanced the field of institutional research through extraordinary scholarship, leadership, and service.
- Sidney Suslow Scholar Award: Recognizes an individual who, through scholarly work, has made significant contributions to the field of institutional research and advanced understanding of the profession in a meaningful way.
- Charles F. Elton Best Paper Award: Celebrates the scholarly papers that best exemplify the standards of excellence established by the award's namesake and that make significant contributions to the fields of IR, IE, or Assessment.
*This award is only offered to current AIR members.
AIR provides scholarships that facilitate the professional growth and development of early-career institutional research professionals. These scholarships are awarded on an annual basis.
- Julia M. Duckwall Scholarship Program*: Recipients may choose from one of two award options: AIR Forum registration (including pre/post-conference education opportunities) or registration for one qualifying online AIR course.
- Edward Delaney Scholarship Program*: One scholarship in the amount of $1,000 may be awarded to support costs associated with attending the AIR Forum.
- Jeff Seybert/National Higher Education Benchmarking Institute Scholarship Program*: One scholarship in the amount of $1,000 may be awarded to support costs associated with attending the AIR Forum.
*This scholarship is only offered to current AIR members.