Each year, AIR recognizes and celebrates individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the success of the association and the profession through their leadership, service, and scholarship.
Outstanding Service Award
Recognizes a member for professional leadership and exemplary service to AIR, and may be bestowed posthumously.
John Stecklein Distinguished Member Award
Recognizes a member whose professional career has significantly advanced the field of institutional research through extraordinary scholarship, leadership, and service.
Sidney Suslow Scholar Award
Recognizes an individual who, through scholarly work, has made significant contributions to the field of institutional research and advanced understanding of the profession in a meaningful way.
Charles F. Elton Best Paper Award
Celebrates the scholarly papers that best exemplify the standards of excellence established by the award's namesake and that make significant contributions to the fields of IR, IE, or Assessment.
How Awardees Are Recognized
- Recipients will receive a congratulatory letter from the AIR Executive Director and President.
- Each awardee's institution president will receive a letter from the AIR Executive Director and President.
- Recipients' acceptance letters and letters of support will be published on the AIR website.
- An announcement will be included in an issue of eAIR.
- AIR will recognize the awardees during the annual business meeting.
- Awardees will receive official award plaques.