AIR provides resources, innovative practices, and professional development opportunities to expand your knowledge and enhance your skills. Whether you're seeking professional development to advance your career or tools to increase your productivity, AIR membership will help you meet your goals.
As an AIR member, you have access to:
A Supportive Community
AIR membership is the best way to connect with 3,000 like-minded colleagues—your greatest sources for professional help, career development, and support. If you prioritize data-informed decision making in higher education, this is your community.
- AIR Hub: Hub is AIR’s active online community, including discussion boards, resource libraries, and exclusive access to a full member directory.
- Coffee Chats: Join your fellow members at free events, such as regular coffee chats, to discuss hot topics and emerging trends.
- Networking: Take advantage of AIR’s volunteer opportunities to broaden your network of close colleagues and make life-long connections at events like the AIR Forum.
Stay at the top of your game by accessing career resources and professional development throughout the year, including webinars, on-demand courses, and interactive workshops. And as a member, you receive deep discounts to nearly all courses and events, including the AIR Forum.
- Training: AIR is the field’s go-to resource for training on IPEDS and the knowledge and skills that support a data-informed decision making culture.
- AIR Forum: AIR’s annual conference draws thousands of professionals together to share ideas, get inspired, and network.
- Career Resources: AIR’s Job Board and member directory are at your fingertips to help you find new talent or opportunities.
Opportunities to Shape the Field
The work we do as an association advances institutional research and effectiveness as well as higher education at large. Your membership directly supports those advancement. Our impact is greater together.
- Future Focus: While we provide resources and support for the work you do today, we also help you prepare for tomorrow. In fact, we help shape the future by monitoring the horizon, initiating conversations about the possibilities, and influencing next steps to ensure they prioritize the data function.
- Representation: AIR represents the field on IPEDS Technical Review Panels, monitors policy changes impacting the field, leads discussions around ethical use of data, provides stakeholder insights on future-focused initiatives, and serves as subject matter experts to the media.
- Partnerships: AIR serves as a connection point between IR/IE and the larger higher education community, largely through strategic partnerships and collaborations like our Change with Analytics initiative with EDUCAUSE and NACUBO.
AIR membership extends your professional development dollars through discounts on events and publications and members-only scholarships. You’ll notice that membership pays for itself quickly as you take advantage of discounted registration for professional development courses and events.
Research and Innovation
From the Statement of Aspirational Practice for IR, the AIR Statement of Ethical Principles, and Duties and Functions of IR to the National Survey of IR Offices and our professional journal, The AIR Professional File, leverage AIR’s research and publications to advocate for and implement best practices and innovative solutions at your institution.
Be the first to hear about news and issues impacting our work. While the entire higher education community has access to a great deal of our content in an effort to promote data-informed decision making across institutions, members get exclusive and advanced access to various news, studies, articles, presentations, and more.
As a member, you’re part of a community known for its dedication to data-informed decision making in higher education. Beyond that, AIR offers additional opportunities for recognition, including publishing in eAIR and The AIR Professional File, presenting at the AIR Forum or an AIR webinar, and taking on a leadership role within the association. AIR also supports a suite of prestigious awards recognized throughout the field.
“The best thing about AIR by far is the community—the folx.”
— Michael Le, Cal Poly Humboldt
Member since 2013
I'm a member because...
- I identify with the mission.
- I help change and innovate within the field and my institution.
- I have a network to turn to when I need help, career assistance, inspiration, and solutions.
- I am connected to the community that maintains ethical principles in data usage.
- I support my profession and the work we do as a whole.
- I stay current on issues impacting data usage in higher ed.
- There is a certain prestige associated with being part of my professional community.
- AIR Forum is a blast.
- I’m more efficient and effective because of AIR’s resources and professional development.
Who can be a member?
AIR is a home for all higher education professionals who are involved with institutional research and/or information support for planning, managing, and operating postsecondary institutions, organizations, and agencies. AIR offers individual memberships rather than institution-level memberships.
For additional assistance with membership, please contact email@example.com.