AIR is your professional community.
AIR provides resources, innovative practices, and professional development opportunities to expand your knowledge and enhance your skills. Whether you're seeking professional development to advance your career or tools to increase your productivity, AIR membership will help you meet your goals.
“The best thing about AIR by far is the community—the folx.”
— Michael Le, Cal Poly Humboldt
Member since 2013
Individual Membership Types: Eligibility and Dues
AIR is a home for all higher education professionals who are involved with institutional research and/or information support for planning, managing, and operating postsecondary institutions, organizations, and agencies. There are three types of individual memberships:
Professional members are entitled to full rights and benefits of membership, including holding office.
Graduate student members must be actively pursuing a graduate degree and may not be employed full-time. Graduate student members may not hold office, but have access to all other membership benefits.
Honorary members are entitled to waived membership dues and AIR Forum registration fees for life. There are two ways to earn Honorary membership:
- Distinguished: Recipients of the John Stecklein Distinguished Member Award are automatically granted Honorary membership.
- Emeritus: Emeritus members must be retired with 15 years of total years of membership (continuous membership not required; may be combination of individual and/or organizational membership years). To apply for Emeritus membership, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIR is dedicated to helping you thrive. Through professional development opportunities, networking, and pertinent information, we aim to empower you with everything you need to succeed.
I'm a member because...
- I identify with the mission.
- I help change and innovate within the field and my institution.
- I have a network to turn to when I need help, career assistance, inspiration, and solutions.
- I am connected to the community that maintains ethical principles in data usage.
- I support my profession and the work we do as a whole.
- I stay current on issues impacting data usage in higher ed.
- There is a certain prestige associated with being part of my professional community.
- AIR Forum is a blast.
- I’m more efficient and effective because of AIR’s resources and professional development.