Start Here, Get More
New to AIR? Have 10 minutes? Read through these 10 quick tips for getting the most from your membership right away.
As an AIR member, you have access to:
A Supportive Community
AIR membership is the best way to connect with thousands of like-minded colleagues—your greatest sources for professional help, career development, and support. If you prioritize data-informed decision making in higher education, this is your community.
- AIR Hub: AIR Hub is AIR’s active online community, including discussion boards, resource libraries, and exclusive access to a full member directory.
- Coffee Chats: Join your fellow members at free events, such as regular coffee chats, to discuss hot topics and emerging trends.
- Networking: Take advantage of AIR’s volunteer opportunities to broaden your network of close colleagues and make life-long connections at events like the AIR Forum.
Stay at the top of your game by accessing career resources and professional development throughout the year, including webinars, on-demand courses, and interactive workshops. And as a member, you receive deep discounts to nearly all courses and events, including the AIR Forum.
- Training: AIR is the field’s go-to resource for training on IPEDS and the knowledge and skills that support a data-informed decision making culture.
- AIR Forum: AIR’s annual conference draws thousands of professionals together to share ideas, get inspired, and network.
- Career Resources: AIR’s Job Board and member directory are at your fingertips to help you find new talent or opportunities.
Opportunities to Shape Higher Education
The work we do as an association advances institutional research and effectiveness as well as higher education at large. Your membership directly supports those advancements. Our impact is greater together.
- Future Focus: While we provide resources and support for the work you do today, we also help you prepare for tomorrow. In fact, we help shape the future by monitoring the horizon, initiating conversations about the possibilities, and influencing next steps to ensure they prioritize the data function.
- Representation: AIR represents the field on IPEDS Technical Review Panels, monitors policy changes impacting data in higher education, leads discussions around ethical use of data, provides stakeholder insights on future-focused initiatives, and serves as subject matter experts to the media.
- Partnerships: AIR serves as a connection point between higher education data professionals and the larger higher education community, largely through strategic partnerships and collaborations like our Change with Analytics initiative with EDUCAUSE and NACUBO.
AIR membership extends your professional development dollars through discounts on events and publications and members-only scholarships. You’ll notice that membership pays for itself quickly as you take advantage of discounted registration for professional development courses and events.
Research and Innovation
From the Statement of Aspirational Practice for IR, the AIR Statement of Ethical Principles, and Duties and Functions of IR to the National Survey of IR Offices and our professional journal, The AIR Professional File, leverage AIR’s research and publications to advocate for and implement best practices and innovative solutions at your institution.
Be the first to hear about news and issues impacting our work. Members get exclusive and advanced access to various news, studies, articles, presentations, and more.
As a member, you’re part of a community known for its dedication to data-informed decision making in higher education. Beyond that, AIR offers additional opportunities for recognition, including publishing in eAIR and The AIR Professional File, presenting at the AIR Forum , and taking on a leadership role within the association. AIR also supports a suite of prestigious awards, recognized throughout the field.