The 2018 AIR National Survey of Institutional Research Offices provided respondents with national benchmarking reporting while providing a better understanding of the national state of IR. AIR has published a series of briefs examining the current IR office and how it has changed since 2015.
2018 Survey Briefs
- IR Office Staff Roles: Office staff roles and staff sizes disaggregated by institutional sector; changes in office size from 2015 to 2018
- IR Office Staff Salaries: Average staff salaries disaggregated by staff role and institutional sector
- IR Office Teamwork and Efficiency: Office leaders’ evaluation of staff work styles, teamwork, and collaboration
- IR Office Leader Characteristics: Highest degree earned and the relevant work experience of office leader; changes in highest degree earned from 2015 to 2018
- IR Office Reporting Relationships: Current and ideal reporting relationships; changes in reporting relationships from 2015 to 2018
- Executive Leadership for the Data and Analytics Function: Prevalence of a Chief Data Officer position, relationship between IR office leader and executive cabinets, relationship between executive leadership and data capacity
- IR Office Work Functions: Breakdown of IR office work functions by institutional sector; classification of IR offices by work focus
- IR Office Staff Job Functions: Job functions reported by staff role and institutional sector; staff salary expenses reported by job function and staff role
- IR Office Work Portfolios: Identification of three work portfolios (broad, focused, and limited)
To download these free reports, please visit www.airweb.org/nationalsurvey.