Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Keyholder Courses
These mentor-supported courses can be completed from the comfort of your home or office, and require approximately 10–12 hours of study within a one-month period.
- IPEDS Keyholder Essentials: A Beginner’s Guide
- IPEDS Keyholder Efficiencies: Reducing the Reporting Burden
All IPEDS Keyholder training options are available at no cost to participants. Funding for this work comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
NOTE: Participants may only enroll in ONE course at a time.
Created for data providers with less than 9 months of experience as keyholders, this course covers basic concepts and definitions, such as:
- What IPEDS is
- Components that make up an IPEDS submission
- IPEDS requirements and your responsibilities as a Keyholder
- Tips and tricks on how to complete accurate and timely IPEDS submissions
Created for keyholders with 10–24 months of experience, this course introduces and expands upon concepts including:
- Cleaning data files
- Leveraging IPEDS data at your institution
- Reducing the burden of IPEDS reporting
- Benchmarking data and creating benchmarking reports
What Participants Are Saying:
"AIR helped me become more comfortable and confident in my ability to complete the IPEDS reports. Having a support group asking the same questions and overcoming the same obstacles made the impossible seem possible." —Michael O'Donnell, Ave Maria University
"AIR IPEDS training is an invaluable tool to understand the use of the IPEDS content and platform for those who report the information."
—Belinda Collins, Florida Panhandle Technical College
"Overall great experience being a part of an active and effective learning environment." —Zachary Pournazari, Adelphi University